PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2008, 09:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Made my own ROM, BIG Dialer Problems - Please help!! Desperate!!

Here is exactly what I did:

I used Tobeychris & Ghettofreeryder's kitchen tools.

I used their Base ROM, XIP, and SYS

I used a Modified Telus OEM(Contains Sprint Carrier Settings and customizations)

I did NOT touch OEMAPPS - All dialer images are still there and the OEMAPPS RGU was not touched either.

This is my problem:

Please any help will be appreciated.

Last edited by DHarvey; 09-27-2008 at 10:13 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:16 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Made my own ROM, BIG Dialer Problems - Please help!! Desperate!!

Hey Bud!

when using ghetto's 1.04 kitchen I had the exact same problem.

G'reloc (or whatever it's called) once again,

re build the rom, and process it to an nbh file, you should be fine.

I recooked the rom and all came out well!!!!!

no sweat man, just recook the rom unless your looking for another simpler solution, but if your planning to release this rom, a re-cook would be a smarter choice!
Old 09-27-2008, 10:20 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
Hey Bud!

when using ghetto's 1.04 kitchen I had the exact same problem.

G'reloc (or whatever it's called) once again,

re build the rom, and process it to an nbh file, you should be fine.

I recooked the rom and all came out well!!!!!

no sweat man, just recook the rom unless your looking for another simpler solution, but if your planning to release this rom, a re-cook would be a smarter choice!
Will do. I Hope re-cooking will fix it. I know all the files are there. Only thing is I didn't really use the kitchen so to speak. I used the tools and their base but I used the stock Telus OEM.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Retired Staff
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

good luck man!! glad to see your diving into the rom dev

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 09-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Retired Staff
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

like i said, i had the same issue for who knows what reason why.

recooking building it did the trick!

i'm sure it will solve your issue as well. Happy cooking

BTW, i used ghetto's 1.05 kitchen, latest sys, latest oems and my rom came out fantastic. Battery life is superb, speed of the rom is just insane!

you'll be happy with your rom!
Old 09-27-2008, 10:33 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Yes I did use their kitchen but didn't use their OEM. I decompiled the Telus Stock ROM and replaced all the Telus carrier stuff with the Sprint stuff I got by decompiling their ROM.

Basically all I really wanted was to get the Telus Manila instead of the Sprint Manila.

Rebuilding now. We will see if it helps.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:41 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

did you include the dialer with your build? i got the same thing when building my own via the 1.05 oem with tc/gf kitchen...i then rebuilt with the dialer then lost all volume control...then got volume control then lost camera function...then i gave up

Old 09-27-2008, 10:55 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Update: rebuilt but didn't fix it. Any other ideas(besides Yay 4 Juggs idea) I'm not using that 1.05 OEM, I'm using a modified OEM that I made myself(see first post).
Old 09-27-2008, 11:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

ghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on rep

sounds like a guid issue. I ran into this issue after i replaced the sys base. I tried upping the guid of the dialer to all f, didnt work. Thats why there is a provxml in the dialer oem. Just copy it into ur oems and add it to a dsm, all wilk be fine. The registry settings are just defaulting to phonecanvas.dll, not the new phcan.dll
Old 09-28-2008, 12:20 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettofreeryder View Post
sounds like a guid issue. I ran into this issue after i replaced the sys base. I tried upping the guid of the dialer to all f, didnt work. Thats why there is a provxml in the dialer oem. Just copy it into ur oems and add it to a dsm, all wilk be fine. The registry settings are just defaulting to phonecanvas.dll, not the new phcan.dll
I just cleaned the dialer out of OEMAPPS and OEM_Lang. I'm using your Dialer OEM instead.

I found a new problem though. I have office selected in BuildOS but there is no office in the Programs menu folder at all. Any ideas?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development