PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 03:51 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO
Threadstarter

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Thumbs up A THANK YOU TO THE COMMUNITY Reply

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I'll definitely have a look at cleaning up the "glitches" this summer (experienced chefs that still browse the kitchen forums these days are "few and far between"). =D>

If ya'all really like it a lot, a click of that "Thanks" button on the first post is some of my favorite encouragement .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane3162 View Post
pretty good, seems to have the best "speed" so far, and the only one updated into the new year :P

wish there was a good wm6.5 (not .5.5) like this...

or wish i knew enough to take shit out/replace screens stuff like that...
Thanks. If you want to try cooking a ROM that you can totally customize yourself, I can drop you a link to a very simple (yet powerful and ready to go) kitchen that is a bit different than the ones linked to on here.

- 2 Bunny
Old 06-15-2011, 01:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond
Carrier: telus

Sideroad is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Elite Spring Break Special Prerelease | (4/11/2011)

Hi!
I've been using this rom for a while now and quite like it other than for a few issues. First adding contacts from the message and contact list won't open the contact editor, so it makes it hard to add contacts from new numbers.
Second copy and paste does not work in the default messaging screen, the new nicer looking one not the windows one.
third the browser is not attached to the web tab. nothing happens when trying to open it.
If these could be fixed it would be a killer ROM.
Although I fear the touch diamond support is pretty much dead... There are some cool looking 6.5 roms I could try but I don't have 6.5 on my phone and don't know where to get it or how to install.
But this rom works good for what's there and its pretty speedy, much faster than the ROM I used to use.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideroad View Post
Hi!
There are some cool looking 6.5 roms I could try but I don't have 6.5 on my phone and don't know where to get it or how to install.
But this rom works good for what's there and its pretty speedy, much faster than the ROM I used to use.
What? You don't have to install a version of WinMo separately; it is part of the rom. Most rom threads will indicate which version of WinMo forms the basis of the rom.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:49 AM
Lurker

Sideroad is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.a.T. View Post
What? You don't have to install a version of WinMo separately; it is part of the rom. Most rom threads will indicate which version of WinMo forms the basis of the rom.
Ya I'm dumb I figured that out afte I posted. I've only ever used 6.1 Roms so I was a bit out of the loop. Maybe I'll try a 6.5 now...
Old 06-20-2011, 09:36 AM
Banned User
Threadstarter

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Smile ANOTHER ELITE SUCCESS STORY Reply

Quote:
Hi!
I've been using this rom for a while now and quite like it other than for a few issues. First adding contacts from the message and contact list won't open the contact editor, so it makes it hard to add contacts from new numbers.
Great! Glad you liked it (unlike a certain party pooper that posted below your first post ☺).
Addressing your first concern, did you mean on the "compose a new text message" screen? I think you hit "menu", then "add recipient", if that is what you were referring to.

Quote:
Second copy and paste does not work in the default messaging screen, the new nicer looking one not the windows one.
I don't know what to tell you for that. I haven't done a lot of copying and pasting, but happens is this: you have to "tap and hold" for a lot longer than in most other applications before the "paste/copy/select/etc." menu comes up - those options aren't under the "menu" button.

Quote:
third the browser is not attached to the web tab. nothing happens when trying to open it.
Have you installed Opera Mobile 10 yet?

Quote:
Although I fear the touch diamond support is pretty much dead... There are some cool looking 6.5 roms I could try but I don't have 6.5 on my phone and don't know where to get it or how to install.
Yeah, not much community "support" left for the Diamond. As for WM6.5 - don't even try to use it, it's just a big FAIL - bloated and slow and it doesn't even work right.

Thanks for trying Elite!

- 2 Bunny

Last edited by 2 Bunny; 06-21-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:25 AM
Lurker

Sideroad is a n00b

Thanks for the feedback.

No actually adding a contact after you get a call or from the contacts tab. It tries to open the contact editor but then throws an error.

I haven't installed opera 10 yet, I thought it was already there, oops!

And I'm pretty sure I tried holding down on the text for a while to get it to copy, but the context menu never came up. so copy and paste is a no go.

I'm currently trying out energy rom 6.5, but it eats through the battery so fast I think I'll go back to elite even with the issues.

Thanks
Old 06-21-2011, 08:48 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Post SPRINT FORWARD Reply

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback.

No actually adding a contact after you get a call or from the contacts tab. It tries to open the contact editor but then throws an error.
I don't have the device on and handy right now, but the last time I added a contact from a call, I don't recall having any problems. Could you snap a screenie? I found a great screenshot tool called "Whip2Snap" where you shake the device to take a screenshot; not only does it have cool sound effects, but it also actually lets you decide where you want to store the captured screenshot plus you can take more than one at a time. If you like it and think it would be a nice addition to Elite, let me know and I'll try to put it in.

Quote:
I haven't installed opera 10 yet, I thought it was already there, oops!
I used to have it preinstalled some time in the distant past before Elite became a Lite ROM, and even though the installer is slow as crap, I leave Opera out because it takes up a lot of room and I thought the end user would be better off installing it to the 4GB internal storage area.

Quote:
And I'm pretty sure I tried holding down on the text for a while to get it to copy, but the context menu never came up. so copy and paste is a no go.
It is there for sure; you just have to "tap and hold" for longer. I think they increased the timeout for T&H in there to make "toilet paper scrolling" easier. If I knew how to fix it so it wouldn't take so long, I would.

Quote:
I'm currently trying out energy rom 6.5, but it eats through the battery so fast
Believe me, there was a point many months ago when I got sick and tired of the kitchen not working like I wanted, so I tried some fancy WM6.5 ROMs, and my verdict still hasn't changed: WM6.5 Sucks. And to be quite honest, I was slightly disappointed with the cooking in some of them, I mean many of them were quite nice, but some of them were disappointing (to me).

Quote:
I'll go back to elite even with the issues.

Thanks
All of that other stuff to say, Elite's "list of little problems" is a known list printed on a sheet of paper (or rather written in a DOC file ☺) whereas I personally think the list for many other ROMs is a lot longer, and either partly written, fragmented in posts, or not written at all. I usually make an effort to ask in the kitchen threads about these, but they are all but dead. Every once in a while, someone stops by and leaves behind a nugget of information and if it helps, then I add it to the ROM, which in turn all ya'all reading this thread get to run on your devices. I'm not a "master chef" - this is my learning platform, and every bit I can learn makes me better and better each time.

- 2 Bunny
Old 06-22-2011, 01:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond CDMA
Carrier: SMART

wildanw2 is a n00b

I have been using your ROM for about a month and I quite satisfied. There is plenty of free memory storage so I can install many programs on it, very fast and stable. The battery icon is nice but it is difficult to read the percentage clearly.
Thank you 2 Bunny
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:56 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Thumbs up ELITE ROM Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildanw2 View Post
I have been using your ROM for about a month and I quite satisfied. There is plenty of free memory storage so I can install many programs on it, very fast and stable. The battery icon is nice but it is difficult to read the percentage clearly.
Thank you 2 Bunny
Awesome. Are you using the default theme when you are having trouble reading the battery gauge?

- 2 Bunny
Old 07-12-2011, 12:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond CDMA
Carrier: SMART

wildanw2 is a n00b
Re: ELITE ROM Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
Awesome. Are you using the default theme when you are having trouble reading the battery gauge?

- 2 Bunny
Yes, I am using the default theme. It is seen but it is difficult to be read. I think you need more colour contrast so it is clear enough to be read. Now I am using SPB Shell to have battery widget at the home screen.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development