PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 03:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
$100 Sprint Insurance

Has anyone else heard that sprint insurance is going to change from $50 to $100 deductible???? I was in a sprint store in Shawnee Ks yesterday and the tech told me that they just got the news on this. Is this old news because I had not heard it and I am not happy about it. (also was not sure what section to post this in)

Last edited by gorillaguzzler; 01-25-2009 at 03:57 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:59 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: $100 Sprint Insurance

It's the cost of doing a handset swap WITHOUT insurance that is going from $55 to $100

The old system was really silly. Either pay $84/yr ($7/mo) so you can swap a broken handset for free, or pay nothing, but pay $50 if you swap the handset. Duh.

Now at $100 at least you're only breaking even on the insurance after 14 months.

Still kinda duh unless you go through a LOT of handsets in a year.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

gorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I see maybe the tech did not know what she was saying. She seemed confused anyway. I was there with a friend who wa trying to get his pro swapped out because the keyboard quit and she could not understand it was the hard keyboard not the on screen keyboard. She just told us that insurance claims for all phones was going up from $50 to $100.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

smotrs knows their stuffsmotrs knows their stuffsmotrs knows their stuffsmotrs knows their stuffsmotrs knows their stuffsmotrs knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to smotrs

I heard something about that as well, I thought it had something to do with repeat offenders, those who have replaced a phone a certain amount of times in their past contract or something.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:52 AM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

I am tough on my phone, average about 3 replacements a year, and they have never given me an issue about swapping, hell, that's what insurance is for.
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 01-26-2009, 11:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo 800w
Carrier: sprint

dustinroberts1703 is a n00b

I work at a sprint corp service and repair store what this is we were told that we can no longer cover physical damage in store it is supposed to go through the insurance. And the price going up to $100 from what i heard is for high end devices to swap out through insurance is for physical danage, water damage and lost/stolen. not for in-store repair. the jump in price is due to the cost of these devices going up. Yes it does suck but spending $100 for these problems is still cheaper then buying a new phone at full retail.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinroberts1703 View Post
I work at a sprint corp service and repair store what this is we were told that we can no longer cover physical damage in store it is supposed to go through the insurance. And the price going up to $100 from what i heard is for high end devices to swap out through insurance is for physical danage, water damage and lost/stolen. not for in-store repair. the jump in price is due to the cost of these devices going up. Yes it does suck but spending $100 for these problems is still cheaper then buying a new phone at full retail.
but the cost of these phones has not really went up enough to justify double the deductible price. I just dont get that much of a jump.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo 800w
Carrier: sprint

dustinroberts1703 is a n00b

The jump on the deductible isn't sprint's call at all it is a jump by assurion in their prices. Sprint can't carry an insurance license for the phones so that is why they go through a insurance company to cover physical damage, liquid damage or lost or stolen. The fees for in-store repair are staying the same. If you carry the TEP the only change that may be done is the price that assurion charges. And on the physical damage being covered in store sprint ws doing them a courtesy repairs and was never suposed to cover it in store. Assurion told sprint to stop covering or start charging for it.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

jrebo is keeping up the good workjrebo is keeping up the good work

I've attached the letter from Asurion indicating that the deductible would increase from $50 to $100 on some advanced wireless devices. They enclosed a list of devices, but I have an HTC Touch and they have no HTC phones listed. I went to www.sprint.com/tep but that was no help. I'm not sure if a Touch is worth $100.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Scan001.zip (909.8 KB, 41 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-30-2009, 11:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

nmjones is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrebo View Post
I've attached the letter from Asurion indicating that the deductible would increase from $50 to $100 on some advanced wireless devices. They enclosed a list of devices, but I have an HTC Touch and they have no HTC phones listed. I went to www.sprint.com/tep but that was no help. I'm not sure if a Touch is worth $100.
I believe the HTC phone are made by UT STARCOM. The Touch Diamond would be the UT STARCOM 6950. It's $100 deductible. I think it's about time to self insure at that price.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion