PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2011, 12:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Dreanbox
Carrier: NA

IMnobody is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Metrodroid Evo 4g 1X RTT speed, tanked, need help

I could really use a helping hand or more, on how to improve the 1X RTT speed on an EVO 4G flashed to MetroPCS, Rooted S-Off with unrevoked3, running Metrodroid 2.2.
For the most part it works, talk, mms & internet are up, I'm not sure on the EPST settings.
Metro flashed Evo users, are stuck with 1X RTT, because the Evo's WiMax isn't comparable with they're 4G LTE system. And Metro doesn't have true 3G coverage either.
My 1X RTT is running less than 10Kbs down, while the upload is close to 30kbs. While my WiFi connection (locally), is up around 6Mbs.
Does anybody know a fix for this?

IM
Old 07-24-2011, 01:43 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Metrodroid Evo 4g 1X RTT speed, tanked, need help

I don't think there is much you can do...1x is REALLY REALLY slow..the specification for 1x sets a max of 153kbits or 19-20kbytes a sec max...10kbytes sec is normal for 1x speeds.

As for how your getting 30kbits/sec upload..it might be spiking or something because 30kbps is beyond specifications of 1x..

1x advanced supports 307kbits or 38kbytes/sec but I don't think metro pcs has that yet, and the Evo does not support 1x advanced....

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 07-24-2011, 03:21 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

IMnobody is a n00b

Somebodies had to have had better success than this. If this were case for everyone, the "Writing on the Wall" should stear anyone clear, from ever considering Flashing they're EVO to Metro. The alternative, "Boost", runs they're operation back door, stealing the ESN from a donor phone, you've already subscribed to, to flash to the EVO. How they get away with this, I have no idea, but, it's got to be illegal to clone an ESN. It would make for a sad state of affairs, for anyone considering moving to any Pre paid market, if the success rate of this were soooo low.
There's got to be something we're missing, because there's others out, there that apparently satisfied, with what they're getting after flashing they're EVO's to Metro.

IM
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

i think metropcs IS mostly 1x speeds... forgot where but back when I was deciding if I should drop sero for a prepaid phone I looked into different plans and most of the prepaid speeds aren't that great. They get whatever is leftover from their parent company (sprint/tmobile/att/etc). Anyways back to metro, I saw somewhere that they just don't have 3x speeds because they are skipping it and going from 1x to 4g but it's taking them time to roll it out. I'm not sure if they went back to fill in 3g but I don't think they did
Old 07-26-2011, 06:18 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMnobody View Post
Somebodies had to have had better success than this. If this were case for everyone, the "Writing on the Wall" should stear anyone clear, from ever considering Flashing they're EVO to Metro. The alternative, "Boost", runs they're operation back door, stealing the ESN from a donor phone, you've already subscribed to, to flash to the EVO. How they get away with this, I have no idea, but, it's got to be illegal to clone an ESN. It would make for a sad state of affairs, for anyone considering moving to any Pre paid market, if the success rate of this were soooo low.
There's got to be something we're missing, because there's others out, there that apparently satisfied, with what they're getting after flashing they're EVO's to Metro.

IM
Yes, ESN cloning is illegal...but people do illegal things...

As for metro thing..you cant go around technology limitations...1x is 1x...for some people 1x is enough to say check email...and they prob use wifi for surfing..

metro has 4g, but they use LTE, not wimax...
Old 07-26-2011, 07:46 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

IMnobody is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Yes, ESN cloning is illegal...but people do illegal things...

As for metro thing..you cant go around technology limitations...1x is 1x...for some people 1x is enough to say check email...and they prob use wifi for surfing..

metro has 4g, but they use LTE, not wimax...

What I want to know first is, what's the high limit for 1X, because what I'm seeing as typical, has got to be close to the bottom. Second can't we tune the connection, to achieve better speeds, within that limit? It's still a TCP/IP connection, surely there's got to be some tweak room available.

And for 4G on the EVO, I know it's not compatible with the LTE system, shame you can't re-tune the radio's center Freq's to achieve it, but you can't, to my knowledge.

IM
Old 07-26-2011, 08:13 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMnobody View Post
What I want to know first is, what's the high limit for 1X, because what I'm seeing as typical, has got to be close to the bottom. Second can't we tune the connection, to achieve better speeds, within that limit? It's still a TCP/IP connection, surely there's got to be some tweak room available.

And for 4G on the EVO, I know it's not compatible with the LTE system, shame you can't re-tune the radio's center Freq's to achieve it, but you can't, to my knowledge.

IM
as I said in my first post..the limit is 153kbit..which is around 19kbyes a sec speeds...

if your at 10kbyes a sec your around half way..I had speeds from 0.01k - 18kb...but that depends on location..most locations with full signal I'd have around 15k...I don't think much can be done unless you have full signal..
Old 08-04-2011, 10:57 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
as I said in my first post..the limit is 153kbit..which is around 19kbyes a sec speeds...

if your at 10kbyes a sec your around half way..I had speeds from 0.01k - 18kb...but that depends on location..most locations with full signal I'd have around 15k...I don't think much can be done unless you have full signal..
@gTen that's funny because on the north and east sides of my zip code 153kbits is my average speed on Ev with sprint and they won't finish repairs on that tower till 9/30 but at least I got them to be more vocal about it.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: MetroPCS

clenceo is a n00b

@ IMnobody. I have an EVO 4G flashed to MetroPCS using MetroDroid 2.2 as well. I have 3G
speeds and no longer 1x. 3G is a huge difference compared to 1x. How I did it was by changing the PRL settings to 3025. Go to : MENU --> SETTINGS --> ABOUT PHONE --> SOFTWARE INFORMATION. Scroll down to PRL Version. I dont recall what the original was, but I changed to 0325 (3025 is the same) You will need to download QPST & new PRL. Follow this guide:

[HOW TO] Guide to changing your PRL - no root required - xda-developers

Download HTC EVO 4G drivers to you computer:

[How To] Retrieve MSL CDMA Workshop Method - xda-developers

You will need to put your EVO 4G into DIAGNOSTIC MODE --> ##DIAG# (if you can not access DIAG mode, you will need to revert back to the original stock rom that came with the phone)

PRL DOWNLOAD:

PRL post thread (current prl 3025) - Android Forums

(there's different flavors. you can try different PRL versions that suit your needs. In my case, I used 3025. Im in the Sacramento area)

I hope this helps and helps every one else. I'm no expert, but this is the idea.

Here's some screen shots: 3G, DIAG MODE & Speed test (mobilespeedtest.com)
How accurate mobilespeedtest.com is? I dont know....but 3G is faster than 1x.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by clenceo; 11-17-2011 at 05:31 PM.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion