PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2011, 12:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

jimkimb is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
sprint 3g speeds prl fix

hello
i recently purchased a new htc evo and my data speeds were horrible to say the least. i spoke to sprint customer service about 20+ times with no fix. i did every fix i could find on the internet on forums and such with still no luck. so sprint told me it was a problem with my device and to exchange it for a different device. after i got my other device it had the same issue. my data speeds would average 80-100kbs down 700kbs up. i ended up researching myself and found out that the two newer prl's are goofed up causing the problem so i downloaded cdma workshop and prl60674 and loaded it into my phone. this fixed my data speeds on 3g 100% now i get 1200-1600kbs down and around 700kbs up. i tryed this on three phones and fixed them all. im not sure if this is something someone else figured out if so i couldnt find it but i figured i would post this info to maybe help people that are having the same issues. also prl 60676 and 60677 both have the slow data problem so be aware of updating your prl to those new ones. i have tested them both. i hope this helps some people.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:05 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: sprint 3g speeds prl fix

ya this is basic info really, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-evo-4g...60677-out.html
Old 03-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Threadstarter

jimkimb is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
okay thanks PRL 60677 is also junk though.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo

kornbread is a n00b

i have prl60677 how can i go back to an older version
Old 04-07-2011, 12:36 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkimb View Post
hello
i recently purchased a new htc evo and my data speeds were horrible to say the least. i spoke to sprint customer service about 20+ times with no fix. i did every fix i could find on the internet on forums and such with still no luck. so sprint told me it was a problem with my device and to exchange it for a different device. after i got my other device it had the same issue. my data speeds would average 80-100kbs down 700kbs up. i ended up researching myself and found out that the two newer prl's are goofed up causing the problem so i downloaded cdma workshop and prl60674 and loaded it into my phone. this fixed my data speeds on 3g 100% now i get 1200-1600kbs down and around 700kbs up. i tryed this on three phones and fixed them all. im not sure if this is something someone else figured out if so i couldnt find it but i figured i would post this info to maybe help people that are having the same issues. also prl 60676 and 60677 both have the slow data problem so be aware of updating your prl to those new ones. i have tested them both. i hope this helps some people.
what phone are you using? cdma workshop kinda seems like overkill when you can simply update by using ## codes.
my data speeds suck with 60674 as well... just not as bad as 60676.

Last edited by lafester; 04-07-2011 at 12:38 AM.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion