PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 05:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G, Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

ProDriver77 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
This is almost too sad...

Well, after nearly 3 years of Windows Mobile devices, it's time to bring it to a close (well, for me at least. The "better half" shall keep mine going.)

On Saturday, I went to Sprint to add another line of service to my account for my wife (we decided to close her personal line and combine onto my account for financial reasons). When I was told that effective 02/01/2011, ALL SMARTPHONES would be charged $10/month for Premium Data, I figured, "Well, in that case; I shoud have at least ONE 4G-capable smartphone if I'm paying out for the service.

So, after comparing different phones and reading reviews, I now hold in my hand a shiny new Samsung Epic 4G. So far, I'm very impressed with Android and the leaps and bounds they've made in the platform.

That said (because this is NOT a WM bash), I'm gonna miss my Pro2 and WM. After almost a year of owning it and Vin making a near-perfect ROM, it really started to run smooth. Luckily, that phone (with Vin's ROM) is comfortably sitting in my wife's hands where it's still being thoroughly enjoyed.

So, it's off to the Android Forums for me. I'm sure I'll peek in here once in a while though; even though a lot of people I've met here are now in the same "zone" that I've finally ventured to.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:50 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: This is almost too sad...

in before the move or close
Old 01-31-2011, 10:30 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Have a blast out there! Unfortunately, wm is getting less and less support and development. We have not seen a new build since December 18th. I guess it is inevitable, although it is a sad exodus.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:05 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

its only ever the Newbs that make these posts.... hope you enjoy the Epic... but did you really need to cloud up the forum anymore??? couldnt this of went in carrier discussion or off topic?
Old 01-31-2011, 12:17 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Wait sprint is going to charge EVERYONE who has a smartphone and is on their 69.99 unlimited monthly plan 10 dollar charge ? even those who already have an account open and aren't going to upgrade or anything ? there just gonna throw an extra 10 bucks on the account ? wtf ????
Old 01-31-2011, 12:58 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

See ya in the off topic section.
p.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:49 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

This thread is a sad waste of space.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I read an interview with the Google Android project leader where he came out and "admitted" that AndroidOS had really been playing catch-up with the competitiion until Froyo or so. The real innovation is only starting. The prospect of that OS changing the mobile user experience altogether is very exciting, and in my opinion, it would be foolish to not at least consider jumping on that ship if you love the latest and greatest.

Now as far as Samsung and OS updates go... yeah, good luck with that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:19 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

innovation with stolen code,gotta love it.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:27 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Hope you enjoy your epic, I sure am

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
in before the move or close
Yup its gonna get moved >.>..just gimme a sec to decide where..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell_ View Post
Have a blast out there! Unfortunately, wm is getting less and less support and development. We have not seen a new build since December 18th. I guess it is inevitable, although it is a sad exodus.
By trend M$ supports products for 5 years..wm6.0 should still be supported till feb 2012...beyond that its windows embedded 7.0 >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
innovation with stolen code,gotta love it.
What stolen code? its open source... don't tell me your talking about the Oracle thing...

---

Moved

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 01-31-2011 at 07:42 PM.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion