PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2010, 02:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: A Perma-Temp Rooted HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon trials unlimited text and data cellular plans

Verizon trials unlimited text and data cellular plans for preferred customers, starting at $70 a month -- Engadget
Old 11-06-2010, 04:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: Verizon trials unlimited text and data cellular plans

I got the email today, almost the same thing as Sprint has, Unlimited wireless calls(450 min to other numbers) , Text and Data for $69.99 a month. 1 Year contract requred tho.

I might of gotten the email because I have not been in a contract with them for over 5 years now (time does fly, doesn't it ?).

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 11-06-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:28 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

not exactly the same as sprint...
m2m every network, nites and weekends @7pm, sprint tv and nav.
sprint! woo.
good for you vzw guys. theyre getting there.

Old 11-06-2010, 04:36 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'm just excited to see Verizon even considering cheaper plans!!! Whoot!

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 11-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: A Perma-Temp Rooted HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
I got the email today, same thing as Sprint has, Unlimited wireless calls(450 min to other numbers) , Text and Data for $69.99 a month. 1 Year contract requred tho.

I might of gotten the email because I have not been in a contract with them for over 5 years now (time does fly, doesn't it ?).
wow! thats a looong time to be out of contract. kinda temping not to go somewhere else or renew aint it? lol
Old 11-06-2010, 06:41 PM
VIP Member

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProAndroidN00b View Post
wow! thats a looong time to be out of contract. kinda temping not to go somewhere else or renew aint it? lol
I guess becuase I have not needed to buy a new phone due to insurance (that $5.99 a month does pay off because unless it's physical damage, they will replace it with a referbed one with out paying the $50-100).

Last phone I had a contract on was a Moto V710 (Vzw's first Bluetooth phone, on release day I picked it up), picked up a XV6700 used from a dealer with no contract (last one, open box, $100), and it was covered under warranty.

Then over the years, due to problems with the phones, I was upgraded to a XV6800, now a TP2 (about 6 months ago).

Just waiting for a Nice WP7 phone before I sign another contract but, thinking about moving to AT&T now, due to coverage and VZW in general (customer service, bullsh*t I have gotten over the years).

Maybe I just got lucky or I'm just that much of a pain-in-the-a$$, not sure. I am one if there is a problem, trust me, they will hear about it, so maybe.

Who knows, I would go for the $69.99 a month price because I might save $5-10 a month overall but, because I am thinking about changing carriers, I guess I wont.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Is this plan you were offered online anywhere?

I found it elsewhere. I call ed the 1877 number and got an out of office message. So I called 611 and they said it was only for Texas. Has anyone had success or do I just need to wait til tomorrow and called the 1877 number listed on the promotion page.

Last edited by drewcam888; 11-07-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:45 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Is there any type of plan similar to Sprint Sero type plans? I just can't see spending an extra 50-80$ to switch service but I really would like some of their phones than what Sprint is offering.

BrennB
Old 11-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

Looks like VZW is finally realizing what customers want. Lets hope this makes it out of "trials" and into the general plan offerings.
eenieMINI, I dont think there is any company out there that offers a plan similar to SERO. Virgin mobile has some plans that get really close, but their coverage isn't very good.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:12 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
Is this plan you were offered online anywhere?
No, even in the email I got, it was a call in to enable it on your account, that is no way to add it to your account on-line. 1 year contract to update your account with a new plan, no thanks.

Last edited by DavidinCT; 11-12-2010 at 12:18 AM.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion