PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2010, 12:48 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to get Airave2 now with 3g

I don't know who has heard but on 8/20, the airave access point was officially announced by Sprint. This new unit is now made by airvana and finally supports voice and data.

So of course I checked the site and nothing. Then I called sprint asking on how to get on. And of course no one knew what I was talking about. After 3 phone calls talking to 7 ppl, finally found someone that didn't think I was crazy. They kindly transferred me to account services (for the third time) and they said they will do a swap.
The new unit actually isn't available until 2011 and will only be offered to current users that inquire about it and to people that threaten to terminate. So if you don't have one, threaten to cancel I suppose. And the new unit has no fees at all attached to it like the original piece. Where there is a will there is a way and I will be enjoying mine when I get it on Friday.
Good luck!

Sent from my fast as hell phone that you can only wish you had
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:52 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Thanks I'll be calling soon.just moved and I barely get 2g at my new house.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2010, 01:04 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Called and they told me to go to a sprint store and id probably have to pay for it.will try again.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2010, 04:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff
Re: How to get Airave2 now with 3g

Tis is true about the new Airvana...it's around but not yet out. Anyone (like me) that already has a Airave is eligible to get the new one. Your account currently reflects a Upgrade for that line...so when it comes out they will offer the new one to you. I also heard you have to send back the old one...but I am going to look into that before I send it back.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:22 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network
Threadstarter

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Yup, they pay for shipping. I'll post pics Friday when I get it. I already have a tracking number.

***BTW listed as airave 2.0 on my confirmation

Old 09-01-2010, 08:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380
Carrier: Project Fi

marctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

there have been several people on other forums (and this one also) who have received the new version without having the original. just call into retentions and explain to them your situation. they will also sneak in a 18 dollar activation fee so make sure you inquire about any fees before you end the call.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Just called up and they will be sending me a new Airave2 and a return kit for the old. No hassle at all.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Vibrant galaxy s
Carrier: T-Mobile

argentinito is becoming a great contributor
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Whats airave2???
Old 09-01-2010, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

oski is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to oski

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
I don't know who has heard but on 8/20, the airave access point was officially announced by Sprint. This new unit is now made by airvana and finally supports voice and data.

So of course I checked the site and nothing. Then I called sprint asking on how to get on. And of course no one knew what I was talking about. After 3 phone calls talking to 7 ppl, finally found someone that didn't think I was crazy. They kindly transferred me to account services (for the third time) and they said they will do a swap.
The new unit actually isn't available until 2011 and will only be offered to current users that inquire about it and to people that threaten to terminate. So if you don't have one, threaten to cancel I suppose. And the new unit has no fees at all attached to it like the original piece. Where there is a will there is a way and I will be enjoying mine when I get it on Friday.
Good luck!

tru in deed had mine for about a week now....working great for me....no fees at all...great....and yes my first call went to some1 who had no idea....i called back and dude hooked me up no problems i kept asking "is this the new one that supports 3g"

HTC EVO 4G...3.26.651.6 OMJ EVO 2.2 Froyo v3.0
Old 09-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I've called 4 times and still can't get them to send me one, even though I have the samsung airave. I will wait. I'm tired of messing with idiots who have no idea what they are talking about. I'm happy with using my wifi when I'm at home.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion