PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2009, 09:32 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Icon swap w/o new theme

With all the talk about themes and us Geekers getting the hang of creating in Plazmic I'm about to share another idea. There is a program "Magicicon" only costs a few bucks. You can use it to match up some third party icons to fit your favorite theme (I hate when they mess up the look of the phone and you want them on the front page!) Or you can swap out all the icons and not worry about changing themes. I've used it to match up my Mobipocket and Poynt for my front page, I'm not sure how much of a load it puts if you use it to create full changes of icons but I'll put the app out there. I found this on CB of course. Here's a screen of my adjusted icons. The outter two icons are the ones I redid in Photoshop to match the theme icons as you can the other 4.

BrennB
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour
Carrier: sprint

facemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to facemob
Re: Icon swap w/o new theme

nice!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:36 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

very interesting post...
Old 11-23-2009, 02:00 AM
Still a Geek
Threadstarter

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by info[]box1 View Post
very interesting post...
LOL and???

BTW the theme is Natemz ProV3 in Pink then I created a wallpaper from a scrapbook website graphic. I realize now that I should have paid attention to the direction of the shadow on the wallpaper flower when I shadowed my icons... but on the phone its not as noticable (not at all) than on the PC.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:36 AM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
LOL and???

I was referring the information about Magicicon the program that allows you change icons w/o changing your themes. I thought it was interesting, this has crossed my mind a few times just didnt know that program exist.

Very interesting..!O!
Old 11-23-2009, 11:45 AM
Still a Geek
Threadstarter

It's something to think about for those who don't want to delve into the whole theme building. And the fact we can't, so far as I can tell, alter themes unless the author shares the thm file with us. I did pay for a custom adjustment on the idea that i get the thm file to play with which the guy followed through but the themes I get out of it are sluggish so I'm going from scratch. I just don't understand the svg stuff yet.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry