PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 07:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia1
Carrier: Verizon

mark elmore is keeping up the good workmark elmore is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Omnia1: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

before i got my Omnia i saw a site that sold a zoom lense for the camera but for the life of me i cant find it now.
has anyone gotten a zoom lense and if so where did you get it and how good did it work?
the one i saw had like a phone case that clipped to the phone and the lense clipped into it. i had the url saved on my desktop but a computer crash/reformat in Sept caused me to lose all saved links
thanks
Old 11-30-2009, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Omnia1: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

my brother just got a universal fit one at Bestbuy for his enV2. im going to swing by there asap and pick one up. its 8x magnify and didnt take away from his phones photo quality but didnt add either other than just a lot bigger. the Omnia has a much better camera so it may help or hurt.time will tell
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: WM Omnia & Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

Hoss is becoming a great contributor
Re: zoom lense

Keep us posted on your results. Close-up photographs are not aways easy to take with a handheld device like the Omnia as you must be so careful to not create any motion that would result in a slightly blurred image.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

got it last night and it works great as long Im perfectly still. the blur you mentioned is not worse but its harder to hold still for just bigger non distant shots. ive played with it shooting stuff 100 yards vs non lense, 20 yards , and 3 yards . it adjusts on the barrel for focusing at different distances just like a monocular or binoculars.it has a tripod attachment,easily adjusts to where the camera lense is. heck i even hooked it onto an old digital camera that had no optical zoom and gave it new life.
well worth the $25 I spent. theres a youtube of it by another user but im on wap and dont remember the url.ill post back with the url next time im on my desktop. the guy took stills and videos with it. i cant wait until next time its sunny and im off to shoot some videos of my kids playing .
Old 12-02-2009, 07:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: zoom lense

heres a link to one at Brando.com. its a universal fit but they also have them specifically for several models http://mobile.brando.com/clip-on-mob...c0699d092.html
I havent been able to use mine since the 1st night. its been raining non stop or Ive been busy tryibng to get stuff done between rain storms. Ive gotten a few indoor pictures but nothing to ooh and ah about since the Omnias camera already does excellent indoors
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia