PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 09:12 AM
Acy
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon VX6700
Carrier: Verizon

Acy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Apache VX6700 and updating to 3.50.00 WWE Rom version

I got a phone from my brother in law when my old one broke. It is Verizon Apache vx6700. He had put 3.50 Rom version on it. Hubby got me 4 GB mem and it wasn't working so I called tech support. They told me to install ROM version 3.14 and I lost all that was on with 3.50. I need help in reinstalling 3.50 Rom version. I know a bit about computer but not an expert. I know i have lost the games ect that was on it but I just need the 3.50 back on if I can get that back I will be very happy. I know this is old phone I don't care. Please help.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:41 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Re: Apache VX6700 and updating to 3.50.00 WWE Rom version

You're talking about Kirvin CS 3.5 right? Well the reason the card doesn't work is because the SDHC drivers were not in that ROM for card bigger than 2GB. First let me stress, never call Verizon for issues such as this, only call if you're needing a replacment. Since you updated to the new ROM you have the new Bootloader, since Kirvin ROM is old, the easiest way to get this back on is revert the bootloader, the thread is found here, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33076

If you use a newer ROM, like mine for example the drivers are already loaded. But, CS 3.5 will need the SDHC cab found here, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...6&d=1254501009

Have fun, the Apache is a great phone I just got me two more If you need help just ask.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:26 AM
Acy
Lurker
Threadstarter

Acy is a n00b

I read the links you gave. Is bootloader same thing as when I click start/setting/device info/ ROM version? If that is correct I used to have 3.50.00 WWW before the Verizon guys got me to change. It is now 3.14.30 WWE. After I got this ROM version I tried to download PocketUNO and now it won't work says something about not having right. NET thing. Also what do I need so my Apache VX6700 will recognize 4 GB Kingston memory? Thanks for so much help.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:27 AM
Acy
Lurker
Threadstarter

Acy is a n00b

I clicked on the SDHC cab link. It wanted to me to download a file. I take it I need that on my phone for it to recognize my 4 GB card?
Old 10-20-2009, 07:17 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

No no no, bootlaoder is what you use when going into flash. You updated your ROM so you have either 2.04/2.05 or 1.04 Doesn't matter those three are all the same. You press Power button + Record Button and the sylus in the reset hole, all at the same time. The screen will go black so hold it under a light or go by a window.

You have got to revert it to an x.02 if you want to use the Kirvin CS 3.5 ROM, I'm still not sure if that's what you're talking about though, what ROM did you use?

It's a cab file, drag it to the device and install it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:18 PM
Acy
Lurker
Threadstarter

Acy is a n00b

http://support.vzw.com/how_to_use/xv6700_software_update.html

this is the thing they had me install on my phone. so from what I understand to use my Kingston 4 GB micro ram (with adapter) to turn in to mini I need to have 3.5 Rom version with this cab file you told me. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...6&d=1254501009 is that correct? I am sorry if I am sounding silly.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV-6700

Orca Orcinus is a n00b

Great stuff, thanks for helping me find my way along sorting out bootloaders and ROMs! My Apache is starting to get annoying and I am working to try and update it as well. The big question I have, in regards to this post - what is a ROM like 3.5 versus Windows Mobile 6.+? I would like to do both, are they somehow linked? I understand that the ROM has to be changed to WM 6+, but what is the 3.5 ROM? I have been searching but most of what I find tells me how to get the kitchen and I don't feel that I know enough to start with that yet. Sorry to jump in, but I thought the Apache threads were nearly dead (for some reason I have only seen the archived threads until now).

Thanks again!
Old 10-22-2009, 11:15 PM
Acy
Lurker
Threadstarter

Acy is a n00b

I think this thread is about dead because this is pretty old phone. Unless you get it for free from relative if you don't want to spend lot of money or can't afford data phone many don't use this phone. I don't know how much or what type of new Apache phones are there. Even if they were available I can't afford to spend 200 bucks.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV-6700

Orca Orcinus is a n00b

I know it's an old phone, but it appears that certain aspects of the phone architecture make it somewhat desirable. After all, PDAJunkie said she/he just grabbed two more recently.

If I can figure out how to upgrade the ROM on my phone, I believe it will actually still be a pretty decent data phone for at least another couple of years. WM5 is so slow though, but a free PPC is certainly nothing to sneeze at!
Old 10-29-2009, 02:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

signals is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Orcinus View Post
I know it's an old phone, but it appears that certain aspects of the phone architecture make it somewhat desirable. After all, PDAJunkie said she/he just grabbed two more recently.

If I can figure out how to upgrade the ROM on my phone, I believe it will actually still be a pretty decent data phone for at least another couple of years. WM5 is so slow though, but a free PPC is certainly nothing to sneeze at!
Im watching this at the moment, - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VLBRBT3f9Y haha

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache