PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 01:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: VZW

Guero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Uninstall Problem - Slider Icon

I am trying to make my own TF3D theme. I have created Icons, Heroes and a slider. I use WinCE to make my cabs. All I do is put the manila files to be placed into windows folder. Everything installs fine. When I try to uninstall. everything reverts back to normal except for the slider. The slider changes to a gray solid slider. Any ideas?
Old 10-19-2009, 09:06 AM
High Speed Lurking
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G!
Carrier: Sprint

Triscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIP
Re: Uninstall Problem - Slider Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
I am trying to make my own TF3D theme. I have created Icons, Heroes and a slider. I use WinCE to make my cabs. All I do is put the manila files to be placed into windows folder. Everything installs fine. When I try to uninstall. everything reverts back to normal except for the slider. The slider changes to a gray solid slider. Any ideas?

HDWall has a cab creator in it that is great for simple manila replacement. If you uncheck "Delete Wallpaper Manila Files after CAB creation" it will revert back to the original of whatever you have on uninstall.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Guero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by triscuit1983 View Post
HDWall has a cab creator in it that is great for simple manila replacement. If you uncheck "Delete Wallpaper Manila Files after CAB creation" it will revert back to the original of whatever you have on uninstall.
But I am not using wallpaper files just a slider?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:10 AM
High Speed Lurking

Triscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIP

Quote:
But I am not using wallpaper files just a slider?

You don't have to. When you hit Cab Creator in HDWall, in order to keep the original files (as opposed to completely deleting and replacing them) you have to uncheck that box. HDWall was created for wallpapers and sliders, but if you are doing simple manila work, the cab creator that is in it is great. Just test it and you'll see what I mean.

When you open up HDWall, click the "Create Cab" button.

You can then choose the cab file destination (Destination CAB file), name the cab whatever you want it to be (Application Title), and choose the files you want to add (Folder Browser).

Once you know what you want to add, select them all and click the "Add Files" button.

That is where you uncheck the "Delete Wallpaper Manila Files after CAB creation".

Then click the "Create CAB" button.

Your done.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HDWall_v0.25b.zip (1.62 MB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-19-2009, 11:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
You don't have to. When you hit Cab Creator in HDWall, in order to keep the original files (as opposed to completely deleting and replacing them) you have to uncheck that box. HDWall was created for wallpapers and sliders, but if you are doing simple manila work, the cab creator that is in it is great. Just test it and you'll see what I mean.

When you open up HDWall, click the "Create Cab" button.

You can then choose the cab file destination (Destination CAB file), name the cab whatever you want it to be (Application Title), and choose the files you want to add (Folder Browser).

Once you know what you want to add, select them all and click the "Add Files" button.

That is where you uncheck the "Delete Wallpaper Manila Files after CAB creation".

Then click the "Create CAB" button.

Your done.
Thanks for the info. I have one more question. I am at work right now so I cant test it. When i am prompted for what files I am going to add, can it be any manila file? I want to make an entire them into a cab. Once again thanks for the help.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:11 PM
High Speed Lurking

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I have one more question. I am at work right now so I cant test it. When i am prompted for what files I am going to add, can it be any manila file? I want to make an entire them into a cab. Once again thanks for the help.

Go the the link on my signature My 2.x Manila Theme and download the zip for an example of themed manila. Whatever manila files you edit you can choose to add into the cab. HDWall is only good for easy manila editing. Do not add PNGs and JPGs to it (it will install them but not uninstall them). There all other cab creators out there but this is the easiest for me. If you go to the Panoramic link in my sig, z0mbie links a few.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Go the the link on my signature My 2.x Manila Theme and download the zip for an example of themed manila. Whatever manila files you edit you can choose to add into the cab. HDWall is only good for easy manila editing. Do not add PNGs and JPGs to it (it will install them but not uninstall them). There all other cab creators out there but this is the easiest for me. If you go to the Panoramic link in my sig, z0mbie links a few.
Worked like a charm. The only things I am playing with are manila files. When I was using WinCE everythin reverted back to normal except the slider. Weird huh? Thanks again.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:47 PM
High Speed Lurking

Quote:
Worked like a charm. The only things I am playing with are manila files. When I was using WinCE everythin reverted back to normal except the slider. Weird huh? Thanks again.
Not a problem, glad to be of assisatance.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Guess what I lied. I just mad a cab with HDWalls, and made sure the Delete After Installation was unchecked. When I uninstalled everything came back to normal except for the Slider. Same Stuff as before. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:03 PM
High Speed Lurking

Quote:
Guess what I lied. I just mad a cab with HDWalls, and made sure the Delete After Installation was unchecked. When I uninstalled everything came back to normal except for the Slider. Same Stuff as before. Thanks for the help.

Would you mind posting the files so I can play with them and see what I get?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes