PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009, 02:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Internet Sharing on Sprint Q9c? (Error 67)

I'm using my old Q9c as a backup phone, and while most of the stuff I need it for runs fine, I have just run into an issue with its built-in WM 6.1 Internet Sharing app.

For several days, it would connect just fine and share the connection with a PC over USB as long as I initiated a data connection first, which is practically all I use PIE for.

As of 2 nights ago after I got off of a phone call, it failed with "Error 67", the old username/pw failure. I updated my data profile, no help there. I called Sprint technical support and they had me update my data profile again, check the username and password in the ##DATA settings, and were stuck. PIE can successfully make a data connection as can any other apps, but as soon I initiate a connection with Internet Sharing, the data connection closes and I get the Error 67 message.

I used Total Commander and looked at HKLM/Comm/Inernet Sharing - It did not appear to have the traditional entries I was expecting to see that would be under that key on a PocketPC phone. For example, there was no 'Extension' key.

I do not have the PAM addon on my account, but have been able to use Internet Sharing quite well on the last several Windows-Mobile PocketPC phones that I've owned. Up until ~2 days ago, it worked on the Q9c, now it doesn't. Yet, when I swap ESN's back to a TP1, it works fine.

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it!
Old 09-27-2009, 02:10 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Internet Sharing on Sprint Q9c? (Error 67)

These are the reg edits for IS that work for the Vogue. See if they work for you.http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=720308
Old 09-27-2009, 02:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
These are the reg edits for IS that work for the Vogue. See if they work for you.http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=720308
Thanks, but as I said - The traditional entries, such as the 'Extension' key - Do not exist under HKLM/Comm/Internet Sharing/ on the Q9c. There is a Setting key/folder under the main key/folder, but it only contains a single key, "Enabled", which is set to 0 (zero). Setting it to 1 has no effect.

EDIT: Also, I should add.. When the "Error 67" comes up, like most WM smartphone error messages, it's a full-screen affair. At the top in the title bar, it has the name "RXE", as if that is the name of the program which may be causing the error. I tried searching for a file called RXE with Total Commander, but came up empty-handed.

Last edited by SweetBearCub; 09-27-2009 at 02:19 AM.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Ok, I was slightly mistaken on the registry keys. It turns out that while there is only 1 single key under the 'Settings' key/folder, it isn't 'Enabled', but rather 'MaxCMCon', with a value of 0 (zero). I could have sworn there was an 'Enabled' key there the night I was having issues, and changing it to 1 had no effect, neither changing it and then jumping directly back to IS, nor changing it, soft-resetting, and then trying IS again.

Since I'd have to do an ESN swap just to get the Q far enough to the point where I could get it generate an Error 67 message, you'll have to use your imagination for now.

Old 10-05-2009, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rebelx is just getting started

I'm having the same issue with the q9c. I've looked through some other sites but havent found a solution for the registry issue.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

ChristopherJLee is a n00b

same issue here and i've searched other sites as well. i'm thinking they somehow disabled the tethering, PAM, etc. I know I couldn't use it on my Palm Treo Pro 850 either
Old 10-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto q9c

kreeper2000 is a n00b

I have run into the same issue and can no longer thether on my phone. I have the sprint q9c. Can someone tell me which registry editor works best with my phone? and if possible how to work around the current situation?
Old 10-09-2009, 07:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto q9c

kreeper2000 is a n00b

I believe you will find the RXE addressed at this link http://books.google.com/books?id=hPh...RXE%22&f=false
Old 04-10-2010, 04:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO 1250

Rippa_MD is keeping up the good workRippa_MD is keeping up the good work
Question Re: Internet Sharing on Sprint Q9c? (Error 67)

error 67 even after all the regedits modifications...

any updates on solutions?
Old 04-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippa_MD View Post
error 67 even after all the regedits modifications...

any updates on solutions?
OP here.

Not that I know of.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q