View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 02:03 AM
SweetBearCub
Regular 'Geeker

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Internet Sharing on Sprint Q9c? (Error 67)

I'm using my old Q9c as a backup phone, and while most of the stuff I need it for runs fine, I have just run into an issue with its built-in WM 6.1 Internet Sharing app.

For several days, it would connect just fine and share the connection with a PC over USB as long as I initiated a data connection first, which is practically all I use PIE for.

As of 2 nights ago after I got off of a phone call, it failed with "Error 67", the old username/pw failure. I updated my data profile, no help there. I called Sprint technical support and they had me update my data profile again, check the username and password in the ##DATA settings, and were stuck. PIE can successfully make a data connection as can any other apps, but as soon I initiate a connection with Internet Sharing, the data connection closes and I get the Error 67 message.

I used Total Commander and looked at HKLM/Comm/Inernet Sharing - It did not appear to have the traditional entries I was expecting to see that would be under that key on a PocketPC phone. For example, there was no 'Extension' key.

I do not have the PAM addon on my account, but have been able to use Internet Sharing quite well on the last several Windows-Mobile PocketPC phones that I've owned. Up until ~2 days ago, it worked on the Q9c, now it doesn't. Yet, when I swap ESN's back to a TP1, it works fine.

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it!