PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 01:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon VX6700
Carrier: Cricket

asiangrace86 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon VX6700 Hard Reset trouble. Phone won't work at all now! Did I screw it up?

I have a Verizon VX6700 that is fully flashed to Cricket.
Here is the problem: Last night I dropped my phone (for the first time) and so the key lock wouldn't unlock no matter how many times I put in the right password. So was suggested to do a hard reset (BAD CHOICE!). I did a hard reset last night. Last night my phone was saying it has no network. This morning around 11:50 AM is started working again, but it was freezing up a little bit so I took the battery out for a little while then put it back in. Now it's back to where it's saying no network.

Is this normal or did I really just screw my phone up?
Old 09-16-2009, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700/Apache
Carrier: Sprint

pio_masaki is keeping up the good workpio_masaki is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to pio_masaki Send a message via MSN to pio_masaki
Re: Verizon VX6700 Hard Reset trouble. Phone won't work at all now! Did I screw it up

Generally apaches are tanks, but like anything, dropping it can and eventually will damage the phone. I'd start saving up for a replacement. I've dropped my old apache only once the entire 2 years I owned it, and it somehow managed to sink my internet, no clue how or why, but internet refused to work properly (evdo, wifi was fine).

But, other then buying a new phone, I would suggest cleaning it, I've seen my old qwest apache seemingly lock up and it was due to dirt in the sides of the screen causing havok, it wouldn't register my taps since it was already being tapped by the dirt buildup, use a business card and gently clean around the sides (under the plastic) and see if the screen responds, or at least helps with the freezing. As for the service, can't offer much help there other then clean the screen and hard reset again.
PPC 6700 (2.02 WM5>WM6.5) Sprint

Guide:Activate WM6.1/WM6.5 flashed phone without ##MSL# code
Guide:Android on the Apache
I know where the thanks button is, do you?
Old 09-16-2009, 06:30 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Re: Verizon VX6700 Hard Reset trouble. Phone won't work at all now! Did I screw it up

You removed the Cricket. Time to start setting it up again.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Tags
hard reset, trouble, verizon vx6700