PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WeatherPanel Themes

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2006, 09:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[THEME] Tabs-240: WP theme for 240x240 devices

What it is:

Tabs-240 - An updated WeatherPanel theme to fit the Treo's 240x240 screen resolution. This one is based on a theme called TABS, developed by Ken of www.weatherpanel.net fame. Here is a link to the original theme: http://pixel.citadel.org/weatherpanel/wiki/index.php

What's different about it:

1. I added two new Today theme files (based on TabsSmall theme already part of the package): TabsSmaller(black).wpl and TabsSmaller(clear).wpl. I compacted them as much as I could (60 pixel height), and improved the "tab" drawing. I also removed the radar tab - there just isn't room to show graphics here.

What makes these different is they each have "tabs" - you can change the Today plug-in display just by clicking on them. The Graphs tab shows a 24 hourly view of temperature, humidity and chance of precipitation.

2. I reformatted the Detail screens to fit 240x240. A couple are copied from Simple-240. They were "simply" better than what was already there. The real difference is the stats screen. It is also tabbed, and gives you four different views of the stats.

Note: The settings menu is hidden in each tab. Just click on an already-select tab and you'll get the WeatherPanel settings menu.

How to install it:

Download the attached file and unzip it. Copy the Tabs-240 folder (and files) to your device at \Program Files\MarsWare\WeatherPanel\Themes (Note: there's a readme file in the zip with more detailed instructions). Then enter the WeatherPanel setup and change the theme to Tabs-240 and, select one of the Tabs-240 layouts (such as TabsSmaller(clear).wpl)

What it looks like:

TabsSmaller(black).wpl and TabsSmaller(clear).wpl:
-

The other tabs (Main tab is shown above):
-

-

To get the settings menu, click on the selected tab:

More views on the next post...

Updated 11/01/2006
Attached Files
File Type: zip tabs_240_575.zip (130.8 KB, 566 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by storyr; 12-08-2008 at 02:43 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:21 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
looks sweet!

Old 10-11-2006, 10:55 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Sweet! New (updated) WeatherPanel theme (part 2)

More screenshots of the Tabs-240 WeatherPanel theme:

Detail screens - Current, Forecast and Summary (basically copied from Simple-240, but improved):

Detail screens - Radar and Compare (copied from Simple-240 also):

Here's the sweet part - tabbed stats screen:

ENJOY!
Old 10-11-2006, 11:05 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP

This is just awesome! Thank very much for taking time to make these and sharing them!!!
Old 10-12-2006, 12:34 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Looks very nice. I followed the directions verbatim but I still cannot pull up any of the layouts. I can select "tabs-240" in themes but I still have the same layout options. I've done a soft reset. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Coz
Old 10-12-2006, 12:41 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie
Looks very nice. I followed the directions verbatim but I still cannot pull up any of the layouts. I can select "tabs-240" in themes but I still have the same layout options. I've done a soft reset. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Coz
No Tabs layouts? Check two things:

One, make sure you're scrolling the layout list down far enough. I know this sounds dumb, but the scroll bar is kind of touchy.

Two, using File Explorer on your device (or PC), drill down to the themes folder (on your device) and make sure there are files in it. The layouts are suffixed with .wpl. WeatherPanel picks these up automatically a puts them in the list...
Old 10-12-2006, 12:55 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Thanks much Storyr....no files in the themes folder. Problem solved and am diggin' the new stuff.
Thanks,
Coz
Old 10-12-2006, 01:10 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Question...

The ZIP file has 3 folders: Alert, Dedication41 and Tabs-240.

Where do the Alert and the Dedication41 folders go? Do they go in \Themes\Tabs-240 or just in \Themes?

Thanks!

EDIT: I just re-read the readme and got where the Alert folder goes. Still don't know where the Deication41 goes. Thanks again!
Old 10-12-2006, 09:28 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38
Question...

The ZIP file has 3 folders: Alert, Dedication41 and Tabs-240.

Where do the Alert and the Dedication41 folders go? Do they go in \Themes\Tabs-240 or just in \Themes?

Thanks!

EDIT: I just re-read the readme and got where the Alert folder goes. Still don't know where the Deication41 goes. Thanks again!
That's odd - I wonder how you got the Dedication41 stuff? I took that out of the zip file - and It's not in the file that I posted...

Nevertheless, Dedication41 is an Icon set - copy it under the Icons folder. It will then be available in the Icons dropdown.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

xclusiv_1 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to xclusiv_1
is something like this available for the 6700... i love the look of this vs. spb weather.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WeatherPanel Themes