View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 09:15 PM
storyr
VIP Member

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[THEME] Tabs-240: WP theme for 240x240 devices

What it is:

Tabs-240 - An updated WeatherPanel theme to fit the Treo's 240x240 screen resolution. This one is based on a theme called TABS, developed by Ken of www.weatherpanel.net fame. Here is a link to the original theme: http://pixel.citadel.org/weatherpanel/wiki/index.php

What's different about it:

1. I added two new Today theme files (based on TabsSmall theme already part of the package): TabsSmaller(black).wpl and TabsSmaller(clear).wpl. I compacted them as much as I could (60 pixel height), and improved the "tab" drawing. I also removed the radar tab - there just isn't room to show graphics here.

What makes these different is they each have "tabs" - you can change the Today plug-in display just by clicking on them. The Graphs tab shows a 24 hourly view of temperature, humidity and chance of precipitation.

2. I reformatted the Detail screens to fit 240x240. A couple are copied from Simple-240. They were "simply" better than what was already there. The real difference is the stats screen. It is also tabbed, and gives you four different views of the stats.

Note: The settings menu is hidden in each tab. Just click on an already-select tab and you'll get the WeatherPanel settings menu.

How to install it:

Download the attached file and unzip it. Copy the Tabs-240 folder (and files) to your device at \Program Files\MarsWare\WeatherPanel\Themes (Note: there's a readme file in the zip with more detailed instructions). Then enter the WeatherPanel setup and change the theme to Tabs-240 and, select one of the Tabs-240 layouts (such as TabsSmaller(clear).wpl)

What it looks like:

TabsSmaller(black).wpl and TabsSmaller(clear).wpl:
-

The other tabs (Main tab is shown above):
-

-

To get the settings menu, click on the selected tab:

More views on the next post...

Updated 11/01/2006
Attached Files
File Type: zip tabs_240_575.zip (130.8 KB, 566 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by storyr; 12-08-2008 at 02:43 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.