PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2009, 04:52 PM
bpb
Lurker
Pocket PC: AT&T/HTC Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

bpb is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
OWA email sync

I've got a request for a program and a few almost-there examples. Here's my situation: my work email allows access to the Exchange Server email through Outlook Web Access, but that's it; no mobile devices or 3rd party mail clients allowed. So I'd love to get my work email on my Fuze, but have to go to OWA using the mobile browsers (not convenient).
There was an application for the PalmOS, ChatterMail++ (with the EXsend plugin) that would essentially turn an OWA-only email account into one that would send/receive real-time from the Chattermail++ client. This was great.
The closest I've found for WM devices is "Chronobis" (available at http://www.chronobis.com/). Read the intro on that site for a better description of my problem.
Chronobis is great, but it only syncs calendar, contacts and tasks, not email. Does anyone know of a program that does this with email?
Old 03-24-2009, 09:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: OWA email sync

Welcome to Geekdom! I believe you can set up your work account to forward to mail2web and you can receive it that way. Do a search using mail2web as your search terms

Old 03-24-2009, 09:49 AM
bpb
Lurker
Pocket PC: AT&T/HTC Fuze
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

bpb is a n00b

Thanks for the info, I'll have to check that out. I'd heard of Mail2Web, but wasn't sure how it worked (i.e. -- if it foorwards mail to a different email account, and you reply to an email, it would appear to the receiver as coming from Mail2Web and not my work email).
Old 03-24-2009, 12:05 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4
Carrier: Sprint

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Same issue with us. You can also try Seven. It works great for us.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6900
Carrier: Cellular South

ocs111 is a n00b

I use Seven as well. It works well for me. It will push your work and any other email account you may have such as AOL, Yahoo, etc. and it is free!
Old 03-24-2009, 10:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Not sure what company you work for but, if it's a written policy, you could get in a lot of trouble for breaking their policies, even fired.

I'm a system admin, and someone was forwarding their mail to an external e-mail adress, we found out and had to report it to HR, I understand that the person was fired because of their job and the security of the data that they had access to..

Not trying to be the police here or anything but, just be careful if you like your job...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development