PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 01:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

fluidj is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So many tutorials. Which is most up to date?

Between the stickies here, the XDA Wiki, and various other tutorials, I simply don't know which one to use.
I used to flash my XV6700 a lot; but I have not flashed my XV6800 at all except for the Verizon software release to WM 6.1 last year.
I'm now ready to start flashing this thing to calm my itchyness to purchase the Touch Pro.

A quick reply would be awesome.
So far I HAVE taken the steps to enable my GPS and i've been using Garmin Mobile XT for several months now. I Believe I used the Vahallia Legends CAB I found on XDA although I really can't remember at this point. (I need to keep a log of the stuff I put on here). I do understand that the first step in flashing to a custom ROM on the XV6800 is unlocking it. Is this still true? I don't know/recall if I unlocked it or not when I fixed it so that I could use my internal GPS with the Garmin Mobile XT program. I have the latest DCD Rom & Also the Verizon Carrier zip. Before I get started I just want to be sure I'm using the most up to date tutorials etc. Some of these tutorials date back to 01/01/2008 and I know that a LOT has changed since then. I'd appreciate any quick pointers anyone could offer. I've used search but I'm getting so many results and I don't know which is most accurate and relevant.

Last edited by fluidj; 02-19-2009 at 01:50 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:04 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: So many tutorials. Which is most up to date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidj View Post
Between the stickies here, the XDA Wiki, and various other tutorials, I simply don't know which one to use.
I used to flash my XV6700 a lot; but I have not flashed my XV6800 at all except for the Verizon software release to WM 6.1 last year.
I'm now ready to start flashing this thing to calm my itchyness to purchase the Touch Pro.

A quick reply would be awesome.
So far I HAVE taken the steps to enable my GPS and i've been using Garmin Mobile XT for several months now. I Believe I used the Vahallia Legends CAB I found on XDA although I really can't remember at this point. (I need to keep a log of the stuff I put on here). I do understand that the first step in flashing to a custom ROM on the XV6800 is unlocking it. Is this still true? I don't know/recall if I unlocked it or not when I fixed it so that I could use my internal GPS with the Garmin Mobile XT program. I have the latest DCD Rom & Also the Verizon Carrier zip. Before I get started I just want to be sure I'm using the most up to date tutorials etc. Some of these tutorials date back to 01/01/2008 and I know that a LOT has changed since then. I'd appreciate any quick pointers anyone could offer. I've used search but I'm getting so many results and I don't know which is most accurate and relevant.
You are already unlocked since you have a dcd rom with gps. Just pick a new rom and flash away.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks drewcam...but I may have mislead with my post. I haven't flashed the DCD ROMS to my device yet. That's what I'm going to attempt to do, I just downloaded them I meant to say.

But does the fact that I have GPS working mean that my phone is in fact Unlocked? I wish I could remember exactly what I did to get that GPS working. I was so excited I flew through the process and didn't document what I did for future reference. Also, will I need to do it again when I flash the DCD ROM?
Old 02-19-2009, 02:41 PM
Mr. Chevy

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Ok Assuming you have gps on stock MR1 verizon rom.

1. Relock and downgrade rom to enable gps http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21161
2. Unlock using 2.47
3. Flash radio then custom rom
4. customize gps setting from xda wiki. http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...VerizonAGPSFix

Remember to say thanks and always backup your data before flashing
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
Ok Assuming you have gps on stock MR1 verizon rom.

1. Relock and downgrade rom to enable gps http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21161
2. Unlock using 2.47
3. Flash radio then custom rom
4. customize gps setting from xda wiki. http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...VerizonAGPSFix

Remember to say thanks and always backup your data before flashing
Ahhh..nice....I think/hope. Will try. Is this Wiki the safest & most accurate one to use for flashing the ROM then? http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...itanRecentHome

Also, what is the science behind relocking and downgrading & then unlocking using 2.47 and flashing the radio?
Old 02-19-2009, 03:03 PM
Mr. Chevy

Also http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33857

Verizon locks out gps. Downgrading removes pri gps lock and then you unlock the phone for the custom rom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development