View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 01:20 PM
fluidj
PPCGeeks Regular

fluidj is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So many tutorials. Which is most up to date?

Between the stickies here, the XDA Wiki, and various other tutorials, I simply don't know which one to use.
I used to flash my XV6700 a lot; but I have not flashed my XV6800 at all except for the Verizon software release to WM 6.1 last year.
I'm now ready to start flashing this thing to calm my itchyness to purchase the Touch Pro.

A quick reply would be awesome.
So far I HAVE taken the steps to enable my GPS and i've been using Garmin Mobile XT for several months now. I Believe I used the Vahallia Legends CAB I found on XDA although I really can't remember at this point. (I need to keep a log of the stuff I put on here). I do understand that the first step in flashing to a custom ROM on the XV6800 is unlocking it. Is this still true? I don't know/recall if I unlocked it or not when I fixed it so that I could use my internal GPS with the Garmin Mobile XT program. I have the latest DCD Rom & Also the Verizon Carrier zip. Before I get started I just want to be sure I'm using the most up to date tutorials etc. Some of these tutorials date back to 01/01/2008 and I know that a LOT has changed since then. I'd appreciate any quick pointers anyone could offer. I've used search but I'm getting so many results and I don't know which is most accurate and relevant.

Last edited by fluidj; 02-19-2009 at 01:50 PM.