PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 04:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

mattygroch is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problem after installing official MR2 upgrade

So just today, I finally upgraded from an XV6700 to a new XV6800. Luckily for me, my local VZW store had a few left in the back. In any case, I came right home and began research on unlocking and upgrading for this model. I finally decided to just follow the official Windows 6.1 upgrade directly from the UTStarcom website. During the install, it told me it would be upgrading to ROM version 3.57.605.2.

Once the update finished and the device soft reset, the phone is now constantly in roaming mode and does not say it is connected to the Verizon network. I cannot make any calls or send any text messages. I tried using the "Clear Storage" app, with no change. Does anyone know how I could fix this without having to take it back to the Verizon store?
Old 02-03-2009, 04:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: ATR 3.0- I just pay Sprint for Minutes.

TaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Problem after installing official MR2 upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattygroch View Post
So just today, I finally upgraded from an XV6700 to a new XV6800. Luckily for me, my local VZW store had a few left in the back. In any case, I came right home and began research on unlocking and upgrading for this model. I finally decided to just follow the official Windows 6.1 upgrade directly from the UTStarcom website. During the install, it told me it would be upgrading to ROM version 3.57.605.2.

Once the update finished and the device soft reset, the phone is now constantly in roaming mode and does not say it is connected to the Verizon network. I cannot make any calls or send any text messages. I tried using the "Clear Storage" app, with no change. Does anyone know how I could fix this without having to take it back to the Verizon store?
go to settings/phone/services...and change to standard...and for your data problem...you need your msl...go to phone pad...##data# and change profile to 1...at least thats how to do it on sprint..
Old 02-03-2009, 05:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Threadstarter

mattygroch is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Good Cat View Post
go to settings/phone/services...and change to standard...and for your data problem...you need your msl...go to phone pad...##data# and change profile to 1...at least thats how to do it on sprint..
First off, thanks for the quick response! I tried doing what you said, to the best of my ability.

I went to Settings>Phone>Services>(I assumed you meant Network Service from here?)

I then tried changing it to each of the 3 choices: Home Only, Automatic-A, and Automatic-B. None of them want to connect to the Verizon network. Unfortunately, I don't understand what you're suggesting I do for the data fix. Any other tips?
Old 02-03-2009, 09:33 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Reflash just in case something messed up. Then call Verizon to authenticate the phone back on the network. I think #8899 from the phone with call them.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

cuadradoa1 is a n00b

HAve u tried dialing *228 option 1 to program?
Old 02-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: verizon

menace2society is a n00b

Co-sign what cuadradoa1 said

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development