PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Titan Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Problem after installing official MR2 upgrade (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56091)

mattygroch 02-03-2009 04:49 AM

Problem after installing official MR2 upgrade

So just today, I finally upgraded from an XV6700 to a new XV6800. Luckily for me, my local VZW store had a few left in the back. In any case, I came right home and began research on unlocking and upgrading for this model. I finally decided to just follow the official Windows 6.1 upgrade directly from the UTStarcom website. During the install, it told me it would be upgrading to ROM version 3.57.605.2.

Once the update finished and the device soft reset, the phone is now constantly in roaming mode and does not say it is connected to the Verizon network. I cannot make any calls or send any text messages. I tried using the "Clear Storage" app, with no change. Does anyone know how I could fix this without having to take it back to the Verizon store?

TaylorSPJ 02-03-2009 04:52 AM

Re: Problem after installing official MR2 upgrade

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattygroch (Post 686042)
So just today, I finally upgraded from an XV6700 to a new XV6800. Luckily for me, my local VZW store had a few left in the back. In any case, I came right home and began research on unlocking and upgrading for this model. I finally decided to just follow the official Windows 6.1 upgrade directly from the UTStarcom website. During the install, it told me it would be upgrading to ROM version 3.57.605.2.

Once the update finished and the device soft reset, the phone is now constantly in roaming mode and does not say it is connected to the Verizon network. I cannot make any calls or send any text messages. I tried using the "Clear Storage" app, with no change. Does anyone know how I could fix this without having to take it back to the Verizon store?

go to settings/phone/services...and change to standard...and for your data problem...you need your msl...go to phone pad...##data# and change profile to 1...at least thats how to do it on sprint..

mattygroch 02-03-2009 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Good Cat (Post 686045)
go to settings/phone/services...and change to standard...and for your data problem...you need your msl...go to phone pad...##data# and change profile to 1...at least thats how to do it on sprint..

First off, thanks for the quick response! I tried doing what you said, to the best of my ability.

I went to Settings>Phone>Services>(I assumed you meant Network Service from here?)

I then tried changing it to each of the 3 choices: Home Only, Automatic-A, and Automatic-B. None of them want to connect to the Verizon network. Unfortunately, I don't understand what you're suggesting I do for the data fix. Any other tips?

drewcam888 02-03-2009 09:33 AM

Reflash just in case something messed up. Then call Verizon to authenticate the phone back on the network. I think #8899 from the phone with call them.

cuadradoa1 02-03-2009 07:03 PM

HAve u tried dialing *228 option 1 to program?

menace2society 02-03-2009 08:48 PM

Co-sign what cuadradoa1 said