PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2008, 03:48 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Phone button lag fix?

I found a fix to the annoying lag that my phone buttons (both hard and soft) exhibit- but somehow I can't find the link to that registry edit/hack.
And now, after a few hard resets, I'm finding it annoying again.
Does anyone have the necessary edit or a link to it?

To be clear, the symptoms are that when I press any of the soft-buttons, there is a delay of up to a few seconds before the tone is heard (but usually only about one second; That's a looong time when you're trying to dial!).
When I disconnect a call using the red phone-key, it usually takes a few seconds to actually disconnect.

Old 07-01-2008, 02:29 PM
The Source of Power
Threadstarter

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Phone button lag fix?

Does no one else have this issue?
Please help. It's starting to drive me crazy.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: verizon

lirender is a n00b
Smile Re: Phone button lag fix?

I have an xv6700 and have the same annoying issue.
My wife has a white chocolate and had to use my phone yesterday and commented that she couldn't figure out why I would use a big clunky phone that was so slow.

Then again she does not know the fun of hacking...

I didn't hear of any work around, so I'm very interested in any posts about it.

Thanks
Old 07-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700

H8tred is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to H8tred

Dear god please tell me someone found an answer. My phone almost found its way out the car window when I tried to check my bank balance (Tone based menu).
Old 07-08-2008, 08:27 PM
The Source of Power
Threadstarter

I can't believe no one else has this... I can't believe I didn't bookmark the link when I found it!
I guess it was on another forum... maybe HowardForums, PDAPhonehome or SprintUsers...
Google searches have been fruitless. I must be using the wrong terms or something.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:49 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
I found a fix to the annoying lag that my phone buttons (both hard and soft) exhibit- but somehow I can't find the link to that registry edit/hack.
And now, after a few hard resets, I'm finding it annoying again.
Does anyone have the necessary edit or a link to it?

To be clear, the symptoms are that when I press any of the soft-buttons, there is a delay of up to a few seconds before the tone is heard (but usually only about one second; That's a looong time when you're trying to dial!).
When I disconnect a call using the red phone-key, it usually takes a few seconds to actually disconnect.
You'll have to add the last key, and the value...

Code:

;1/2 second delay for End Button to end call
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Phone\PhoneExtendSetting]
"EndCallTime"=dword:000001f4

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:59 PM
The Source of Power
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
You'll have to add the last key, and the value...

Code:

;1/2 second delay for End Button to end call
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Phone\PhoneExtendSetting]
"EndCallTime"=dword:000001f4
I think that this is very close... I remember changing the value in milliseconds.
But I'll try this.
Do we add a string? Dword Key?
I have the directory
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Phone
I created a key with the listed DWORD value in HEX. This looks like it translates to 500 (ms?).
Old 07-08-2008, 09:17 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
I think that this is very close... I remember changing the value in milliseconds.
But I'll try this.
Do we add a string? Dword Key?
I have the directory
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Phone
I created a key with the listed DWORD value in HEX. This looks like it translates to 500 (ms?).
1000=1 second,
500 = .5 seconds,

I think the default is 3000 or 5000. And these are values in decimal.

I tried to search, maybee part of the board database issues? I had in an old rom...
Old 07-08-2008, 09:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700

H8tred is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to H8tred

Hope it works for you. My issue is a little worse though, I've waited upward of 3 minutes for a call to end. Voice mail, automated calls to any account pretty much always end in my wanting to throw my phone. It's like the button push just isn't registering. I know that turning the dtmf keypad tones off would cause this, but I started with short, and switched to long to no avail.

I also have the "Waiting for the dialing to turn to connected" issue as well. Not sure if it's related, but it's equally annoying.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:52 AM
The Source of Power
Threadstarter

It seems to be working for me, although it only works for the red/end key. I still get lags when dialing- including pressing numbers while trying to access voicemail.
I'll keep looking for that darn registry setting. I've done countless Google searches and searched my registry for "phone" & "delay", but didn't see what I remembered changing.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development