PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Phone button lag fix? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30531)

Trident 06-28-2008 03:48 PM

Phone button lag fix?

I found a fix to the annoying lag that my phone buttons (both hard and soft) exhibit- but somehow I can't find the link to that registry edit/hack.
And now, after a few hard resets, I'm finding it annoying again.
Does anyone have the necessary edit or a link to it?

To be clear, the symptoms are that when I press any of the soft-buttons, there is a delay of up to a few seconds before the tone is heard (but usually only about one second; That's a looong time when you're trying to dial!).
When I disconnect a call using the red phone-key, it usually takes a few seconds to actually disconnect.

Trident 07-01-2008 02:29 PM

Re: Phone button lag fix?

Does no one else have this issue?
Please help. It's starting to drive me crazy.](*,)

lirender 07-01-2008 07:51 PM

I have an xv6700 and have the same annoying issue.
My wife has a white chocolate and had to use my phone yesterday and commented that she couldn't figure out why I would use a big clunky phone that was so slow.

Then again she does not know the fun of hacking...

I didn't hear of any work around, so I'm very interested in any posts about it.

Thanks

H8tred 07-08-2008 07:55 PM

Dear god please tell me someone found an answer. My phone almost found its way out the car window when I tried to check my bank balance (Tone based menu).

Trident 07-08-2008 08:27 PM

I can't believe no one else has this... I can't believe I didn't bookmark the link when I found it!
I guess it was on another forum... maybe HowardForums, PDAPhonehome or SprintUsers...
Google searches have been fruitless. I must be using the wrong terms or something.

rstoyguy 07-08-2008 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trident (Post 330050)
I found a fix to the annoying lag that my phone buttons (both hard and soft) exhibit- but somehow I can't find the link to that registry edit/hack.
And now, after a few hard resets, I'm finding it annoying again.
Does anyone have the necessary edit or a link to it?

To be clear, the symptoms are that when I press any of the soft-buttons, there is a delay of up to a few seconds before the tone is heard (but usually only about one second; That's a looong time when you're trying to dial!).
When I disconnect a call using the red phone-key, it usually takes a few seconds to actually disconnect.

You'll have to add the last key, and the value...

Code:

;1/2 second delay for End Button to end call
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Phone\PhoneExtendSetting]
"EndCallTime"=dword:000001f4

Trident 07-08-2008 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 340822)
You'll have to add the last key, and the value...

Code:

;1/2 second delay for End Button to end call
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Phone\PhoneExtendSetting]
"EndCallTime"=dword:000001f4

I think that this is very close... I remember changing the value in milliseconds.
But I'll try this.
Do we add a string? Dword Key?
I have the directory
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Phone
I created a key with the listed DWORD value in HEX. This looks like it translates to 500 (ms?).

rstoyguy 07-08-2008 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trident (Post 340833)
I think that this is very close... I remember changing the value in milliseconds.
But I'll try this.
Do we add a string? Dword Key?
I have the directory
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Phone
I created a key with the listed DWORD value in HEX. This looks like it translates to 500 (ms?).

1000=1 second,
500 = .5 seconds,

I think the default is 3000 or 5000. And these are values in decimal. :)

I tried to search, maybee part of the board database issues? I had in an old rom...

H8tred 07-08-2008 09:39 PM

Hope it works for you. My issue is a little worse though, I've waited upward of 3 minutes for a call to end. Voice mail, automated calls to any account pretty much always end in my wanting to throw my phone. It's like the button push just isn't registering. I know that turning the dtmf keypad tones off would cause this, but I started with short, and switched to long to no avail.

I also have the "Waiting for the dialing to turn to connected" issue as well. Not sure if it's related, but it's equally annoying.

Trident 07-10-2008 08:52 AM

It seems to be working for me, although it only works for the red/end key. I still get lags when dialing- including pressing numbers while trying to access voicemail.
I'll keep looking for that darn registry setting. I've done countless Google searches and searched my registry for "phone" & "delay", but didn't see what I remembered changing. ](*,)