PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

View Poll Results: ##778# Rev. A -
Rev A Enabled = Enabled 40 93.02%
Rev A Disabled = Enabled 3 6.98%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2008, 08:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Official ROM Speed Tests. Post results here

EDIT:: How many of you who are getting piss poor speed test results have previously used the Titan 3.35.04 radio?

Please update your post stating whether or not you have used the radio. -Dan

I thought I would create a new thread for speed tests using the new Official ROM. I tested both Rev A Enabled and Disabled using ##778#.

Here are my Results: (this test was performed with the internet speed hack here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=124)

Rev A. Enabled:

Rev A. Disabled:

You see my test results were unsatisfactory with Rev. A both enabled and disabled.

Please test your data speeds and if possible, test both Rev. A Enabled and Disabled so we can judge what setting actually activates Rev. A.
Please Post in this format:

Enabled - (test result)
Disabled - (test result)

Please tether and use www.speedtest.net if you can. Here is a thread with instructions on how to enable tethering so you can use speedtest.net: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30265

If you aren't willing to do all of that work, then run a www.mobilespeedtest.com test from your device. Note: this will not prove Rev A as it will not give you your upload speed so truthfully speaking, it is a waste of time in regards to testing for this thread.

Please vote ONLY after you have tested and posted your Speed Test Results. Thanks!!

Dan.

EDIT::: I am getting a brand new Sprint Touch in a few days and will be updating all of my results once I get my new device.

I am going to be testing the Factory Shipped Stock ROM and also the new Rev. A/GPS shipped Official ROM.

The Rev. A/GPS ROM will have both Rev. A "Enabled" and "Disabled" results posted. The Stock ROM will not as Rev. A is not available on that ROM.

Stay tuned for the update folks, probably coming next week some time.

Last edited by DHarvey; 06-27-2008 at 05:55 AM.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid
Threadstarter

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community
Re: Official ROM Speed Tests. Post results here

Just completely re-flashed the whole ROM. The only thing installed is Resco Explorer and Registry.

Here are my results:

Enabled:

Disabled:

All 4 speed tests I did came back with almost the same results. I have no idea what this means... I don't even think I have Rev. A to be honest with you folks.

Last edited by DHarvey; 06-26-2008 at 09:17 AM.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Merciless is a n00b

i used mobilspeedtest.com and it's significantly slower than my last JD ROM...more than 200% drop, from 750+ down to 200+ (disabled)

enabled around 700...

Drinks, dances and tips at a strip joint -- $500
Entire room service menu (to go) -- $1,000
Seven-year contract -- $10 million
Alabama football -- Price-less

Last edited by Merciless; 06-26-2008 at 08:30 AM.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jlux is a n00b

What is the Unlock Code when using ##778# to edit?

Thanks
Old 06-26-2008, 10:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Spencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Spencer_Moore

your msl you have to either call sprint or use msl generator cant search for you right now
Old 06-26-2008, 11:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TIGER02 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to TIGER02 Send a message via Yahoo to TIGER02

Cant remember what my disabled speed was but the enabled was 762 (ran it last nite..)
Old 06-26-2008, 11:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

KhMeRA is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharvey4651 View Post
I thought I would create a new thread for speed tests using the new Official ROM. I tested both Rev A Enabled and Disabled using ##778#.

Here are my Results: (this test was performed with the internet speed hack here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=124)

Rev A. Enabled:

Rev A. Disabled:

You see my test results were unsatisfactory with Rev. A both enabled and disabled.

Please test your data speeds and if possible, test both Rev. A Enabled and Disabled so we can judge what setting actually activates Rev. A.
Please Post in this format:

Enabled - (test result)
Disabled - (test result)

Please tether and use www.speedtest.net if you can. If you can't do that then run a www.mobilespeedtest.com test from your device.

Please vote ONLY after you have tested and posted your Speed Test Results. Thanks!!

Dan.
Question, how to get speedtest.net working with your mobile? are you using PC to do this speedtest? Could you provide the plug in? Thanks
Old 06-26-2008, 11:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

hideffer is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharvey4651 View Post
... I don't even think I have Rev. A to be honest with you folks.
I don't think you have Rev. A either. My understanding is that you should have at least 200 kb/sec upload speed to confirm that you have Rev. A enabled.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

johnnymac is just getting started

I've tried speedtesting in several different locations and my speeds officially suck. I haven't bothered to try enabling/disabling REV A. yet, but I don't think that it's going to solve the overall suckiness of my speeds.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:30 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

my speed test is in my signature and this is tested with three bars of signal.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development