PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2007, 09:44 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Q and Jawbone

I am not able to keep the Jawbone connected to the Q. I can tap the button on the Jawbone to make a voice recognition call and all will begin well with everything taking place through the Jawbone speaker. After the call is dialled the Jawbone will disconnect and the call will go to the phone speakers. I will make and take a couple of call in a row all will work correctly than on the next call the jawbone will disconnect and the call will go to the phone speakers. This never happens when I am already talking only at the beginning of the call while the Q is dialing or connecting the call. I have a coworker who has the same setup and is having the same problem. I have all ready exchanged the my first Jawbone and I am having the same problem with the second one. Any ideas what I should do
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Lurker

R-Moto-Q is a n00b
Me too took mine back...
Old 03-05-2007, 10:15 PM
The Voice of Reason
Threadstarter

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I am using the H700 now and it works great.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

bubbatex is a n00b
no complaints on echo? I have an H500 and I get complaints. Was wondering if an "in ear" model would work better.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:32 PM
The Voice of Reason
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatex
no complaints on echo? I have an H500 and I get complaints. Was wondering if an "in ear" model would work better.
When I first got my 700H I had a few complaints about echo but I chalked it up to bad coverage. Now that I have gotten to a better coverage area the echoing has seamed to stop
Old 04-15-2007, 07:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep
That really sux to hear that the jawbone doesn't work well with the Q. I have been reading about it and was going to buy one. Oh well, i'll try a moto bt headset instead.

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
Old 04-18-2007, 01:43 PM
N00b

widdlewade is a n00b
I just my Jawbone this week. Works well, but there are times when it takes longer than expected for the call to transfer from the phone to headset.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola Q9M
Carrier: Verizon

Machete is a n00b
.Aliph will be releasing an updated version of the Jawbone that will work with GSM phones sometime this month. I have no exact date as to when but I got it from a VERY good source.

This updated version is supposed to fix disconnection problems with several phones including the Motorola Q.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:08 AM
Lurker

dmoseder is a n00b
I just got the H700 bluetooth headset, and when i talk to someone it sounds like something is buzzing mot of the time and i cut out alot, anyone have any ideas?
Old 06-25-2007, 01:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
My Jawbone works beautifully with my Q so far. I have a very "clean" MOL3 phone with Verizon. Very little installed, recent hard reset, and no problems. I haven't made a lot of back to back calls so maybe there's something to that - I don't know - but in general I don't see the problems others are reporting at all. I love my Jawbone.

I don't understand the post above about Jawbone releasing a GSM compatible headset this month. It's a bluetooth headset that works with GSM and CDMA phones. In fact I had to buy my Jawbone from a Cingular dealer, and Cingular is a GSM carrier. Perhaps the poster meant "CDMA", but I've used the Jawbone with several CDMA phones and it works great (Motorola E815, Moto Q and Verizon XV6700). The issue with Bluetooth and CDMA not playing nice is a very old story with some of the early Motorola implementations of Bluetooth, namely on the 270C (an old Timeport model, I believe?). Supposedly there were issues of interference between the phone signals and the Bluetooth signals, but that hasn't been a problem for years now.

That said, Motorola has always had "weird" bluetooth implementations that have been somewhat buggy when used with non-Motorola headsets and accessories. So it is possible that at times the Q and the Jawbone (or even other headsets) won't play nice. If Aliph can find a way to code around that in a new headset that still makes their products with with the majority of other phones, then more power to them!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q