PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q9

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2008, 02:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: MOTOQ9

WAICI is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Transfer Pda Files

I Just Got A New Motoq9. How Can I Transfer Pdb Files To My Phone? I Connected It Via Usb And Transfered The Files To The Storage Card Or To Program Files But When I Try To Open It Says "there Is No Appl Assoc With.... Run The Appl First..."

Pleae Help
Old 04-16-2008, 02:09 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Transfer Pda Files

you need to open the files from your device with a program that read that particular type of file... what kind of files are your trying to open?

Edit: i see you said pdb, did you mean pdf? if so you will need to download a pdf reader for your phone.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 04-16-2008, 02:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: MOTOQ9
Threadstarter

WAICI is a n00b

The File Extension Is .pdb.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: MIO P550 / Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

thomson is a n00b
You are going from Palm to WM. It is very difficult to do. You will have to sync your plam with outlook or thunderbird (thunderbird will require some plug-ins). Then sync that application with your WM unit. There are some programs that you can buy to transfer the data but I have not used them. Pocketcopy check out link:
http://reviews.cnet.com/Transfer_data_from_Palm_to_Pocket_PC_Transfer_data _with_PocketCopy/4660-3127_7-6255595.html
Sorry to give you bad news but there is on easy way I know I went through it my self.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:21 PM
Post Master General

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomson View Post
You are going from Palm to WM. It is very difficult to do. You will have to sync your plam with outlook or thunderbird (thunderbird will require some plug-ins). Then sync that application with your WM unit. There are some programs that you can buy to transfer the data but I have not used them. Pocketcopy check out link:
http://reviews.cnet.com/Transfer_dat...7-6255595.html
Sorry to give you bad news but there is on easy way I know I went through it my self.
thanks, i had no idea how to help on this one... what palm program uses pdb files, i'm curious now.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: MIO P550 / Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

thomson is a n00b

This is a limited list of the most common files on a Palm.

ABA = Address book file
DBA = Calendar file
PDB = Palm executable file ( Like windows EXE)
PRC = Palm database file used to store all information.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:29 PM
Post Master General

Thanks for the insight thomson.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q9