PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q9
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2008, 05:31 PM
N00b

bigberto is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
whats the good of a moto q9c and the bad and is it better than the mogul?

jus thinkin on what phone is better cuz im tryin to switch to the moto q 9c
Old 01-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Spencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Spencer_Moore
anything running wm standard instead of progfessional isnt as good.....u lose out on the mainreasons for a wm phone
Old 01-08-2008, 06:04 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

bigberto is a n00b
why

why is that so ur saying that the mogul is better
Old 01-09-2008, 09:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Merovingian is becoming a great contributor
Well, i've had both and preferred the Q9c mainly for the exposed keyboard, smaller profile, built-in gps (that worked with any gps app i installed), stereo speakers, plus Documents To Go for Win mobile is just amazing. One more thing, the phone's call quality is very good (it blew my Treo away in this regard), and bluetooth actually works so very well (it's a Motorola afterall).

Specs-wise, the Mogul is more powerful but all that power is seriously hobbled and crippled by the lousy memory problems it has. The Q9c runs Win Mobile 6 standard (Smartphone), so no touch screen but i did not miss that at all. I was able to find Smartphone versions of all my favourite apps anyway. It has a slower processor than the Mogul so it doesn't breeze through everything at the same speed but it's good. I installed the Smartphone version of Opera Mobile (NOT Opera Mini) and it rendered what i consider complicated websites very well and fast too.

It's not for everyone, especially the folks who like bigger screen phones and built-in wifi (you can get a mini-sd wifi card btw). Coming from a Treo 700Wx, it suited me fine.
I ditched my Mogul long ago and went back to my Treo, but of late i have been using the Q9c (i go back and forth with Treo 700Wx and Q9c )

Hope this helps a bit.

Oh one more thing i forgot, Windows Media Player on the Q9c can natively handle rtsp stuff from m.youtube.com. I was surprised at that actually.

Last edited by Merovingian; 01-09-2008 at 09:42 AM.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:50 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime
nice point you got there, but the treo 700wx is the best $650+ than anyone can ever spend. but there's something about the q9c that doesn't catch my eye, and that's the screen size, along with the fact that it's not rev. a upgradable. the best thing that i would go back and forth to from my mogul and vice versa is the touch if i were you... even though it doesn't have that many butons, it packs a whole lot under the hood with no leaks at all.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 01-09-2008, 11:56 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

bigberto is a n00b
Cool thanks i aprreciate that i think i have made a choice

i like the moto q 9c 'is really good screen quality and i dont really use wifi on the mogul never needed it jus dialed up to get on the internet and does any one know where to find good apps for the moto q 9c cuz i think im interested in purchasing one
only thing about the moto q 9c is that im not use to having a none touch screen phone lol
cuz i was tryin to figure out how to play solitare lol hahaha that mess was confusing never figured it out.

but im still lookin for good apps for this phone if anyone can offer a few?!
Old 01-09-2008, 01:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

Merovingian is becoming a great contributor
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigberto View Post
i like the moto q 9c 'is really good screen quality and i dont really use wifi on the mogul never needed it jus dialed up to get on the internet and does any one know where to find good apps for the moto q 9c cuz i think im interested in purchasing one
only thing about the moto q 9c is that im not use to having a none touch screen phone lol
cuz i was tryin to figure out how to play solitare lol hahaha that mess was confusing never figured it out.

but im still lookin for good apps for this phone if anyone can offer a few?!
Apps for Smartphone are as abundant as for PPC. Depends on what you're looking for. I posted a similar reply here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=13665 .

No offense to ppcgeeks, but the best Moto Q forums are at http://www.everythingq.com .
Old 01-09-2008, 10:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

bubbatex is a n00b
and qusers.com

solitare is played with the number keys plus * & #. Takes some getting used to!
Old 01-22-2008, 01:59 AM
Lurker

samormiston is a n00b
Switched from mogul to q9c and haven't regretted it for a second. Everything on the Q actually works and the battery life excellent. About half the time I had to charge the mogul during the day or I would run out of juice but I can usually go 2.5 days without charging the Q. Everything just works and I love the GPS, it has worked with every program I have tried. I have dropped less calls with it. I had several different moguls and each dropped calls in my house all the time, not a problem with the Q9c.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:27 AM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro
Not a fan of Smartphone types (ie No touchscreen/smaller screen/few apps)

But no one said anything about the ability for full 1 handed use, which is one of its bigger & more obvious 'n underrated plus.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q9