PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2012, 12:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131
Thoughts on Multitasking

How do you guys feel abot the new multitasking? So far I am not digging it. It's really annoying how it suspends and then has to reload every page. Not sure if or what that adds to the user experience. I really hope custom roms provide a way to revert back to regular multitasking

Positive Vibrations

Check out my blog: http://brownhandstech.blogspot.com
Old 05-25-2012, 07:10 AM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
I love it. But I had time to get used to it on Web OS. Give it time. It grows in you.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 05-25-2012, 08:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
I love it. But I had time to get used to it on Web OS. Give it time. It grows in you.
The UI/animations are cool. I don't like the fact that it doesn't truley multitask anymore. The apps are frozen and reloaded or something. It doesn't run normally in the background like standard android, due to HTC modifications

Edit: Ok the more I use this the more frustrating it gets. I browse the web constantly throughout the day while doing a thousand other tasks. Multitasking has always returned my web page to the spot I left off. Now it just reloads the website as if it is the first time I came to it completely losing any progress in whatever you were reading.How am I the only one bothered by this?! Are there any temporary solutions anyone is using?

Positive Vibrations

Last edited by princem131; 05-25-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g LTE

AYSIANA is keeping up the good workAYSIANA is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Thoughts on Multitasking

Quote:
Originally Posted by princem131 View Post
The UI/animations are cool. I don't like the fact that it doesn't truley multitask anymore. The apps are frozen and reloaded or something. It doesn't run normally in the background like standard android, due to HTC modifications

Edit: Ok the more I use this the more frustrating it gets. I browse the web constantly throughout the day while doing a thousand other tasks. Multitasking has always returned my web page to the spot I left off. Now it just reloads the website as if it is the first time I came to it completely losing any progress in whatever you were reading.How am I the only one bothered by this?! Are there any temporary solutions anyone is using?

Positive Vibrations
Well I haven't used the stock browser at all yet...I use the Dolphin HD browser and it works just fine, I don't recall it ever reloading back to page I started on. I just left this page in the middle of typing this and switched to my Plume app and Facebook app and then back to finish typing this and there was no reloading, it picked up right where I left off. Hope this helps.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYSIANA View Post
Well I haven't used the stock browser at all yet...I use the Dolphin HD browser and it works just fine, I don't recall it ever reloading back to page I started on. I just left this page in the middle of typing this and switched to my Plume app and Facebook app and then back to finish typing this and there was no reloading, it picked up right where I left off. Hope this helps.
That's strange because I'm having the problem with Dolphin, Stock and Chrome browsers. I will say the last few times I tried just now with Dolphin tho it still reloaded, it went back to the same spot. Idk, results seem to vary but reviews online for the other HTC One variants (One X and One S) support that it reboots. They actually say that this was by HTC's intentional design. It seems to effect more than just the browsers too

http://www.fun47.com/htc-one-x-and-s...-multitasking/

Positive Vibrations
Old 05-30-2012, 04:03 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by princem131 View Post
That's strange because I'm having the problem with Dolphin, Stock and Chrome browsers. I will say the last few times I tried just now with Dolphin tho it still reloaded, it went back to the same spot. Idk, results seem to vary but reviews online for the other HTC One variants (One X and One S) support that it reboots. They actually say that this was by HTC's intentional design. It seems to effect more than just the browsers too

HTC One X and S Disappointing In Terms Of Multitasking?

Positive Vibrations
I can see both sides.....HTC is trying to give the allusion that the phone is fast, and has good battery life.....but the side affect could drive ppl nuts, lol.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Personally I can't stand it. Maybe it will grow on me, but uploading files SUCK with this multi-tasking, flipping between tabs on web browser blows. If I am trying to load ppcgeeks then open a tab to check 9news, 9news will load, but ppcgeeks won't. Unless I switch back to ppcgeeks and let it load all the way. And with the slow 3g speeds it blows big time, IMO
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones13 View Post
Personally I can't stand it. Maybe it will grow on me, but uploading files SUCK with this multi-tasking, flipping between tabs on web browser blows. If I am trying to load ppcgeeks then open a tab to check 9news, 9news will load, but ppcgeeks won't. Unless I switch back to ppcgeeks and let it load all the way. And with the slow 3g speeds it blows big time, IMO
Thanks I'm not alone. For a second I thought maybe I was crazy. This is a major fail imo

Positive Vibrations
Old 06-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Da Uniq 1 is keeping up the good workDa Uniq 1 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1

I'm really not feeling this either. I've only used the stock browser because I had my google account backed up to my Evo 3D and when I sold it for cash for this phone I went to a Transform for the time being. Never installed anything on it so when I got my LTE, none of the apps I had on the Google server were there anymore lol.

But I've noticed this same issue of reloading even in other apps like file managers like Astro. or even the messaging apps.

This is redicumolous
Old 06-15-2012, 08:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Ok I feel it's only fair after having blasted this phone for multitasking so much across the threads that I report back good news... I'm on day 2 with modded multitasking on vipers rom and I'm thoroughly impressed. It's not 100% back to normal but I'd say it's maybe 90% there... Add that to the insane battery life I'm getting (19hrs+ with 31 battery left!) I'm loving this phone again! Things will only get better as time passes.

Positive Vibrations

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE