PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G LTE (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=420)
-   -   Thoughts on Multitasking (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=150159)

princem131 05-25-2012 12:37 AM

Thoughts on Multitasking

How do you guys feel abot the new multitasking? So far I am not digging it. It's really annoying how it suspends and then has to reload every page. Not sure if or what that adds to the user experience. I really hope custom roms provide a way to revert back to regular multitasking

Positive Vibrations

NinjaMom 05-25-2012 07:10 AM

I love it. But I had time to get used to it on Web OS. Give it time. It grows in you.

princem131 05-25-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaMom (Post 2179656)
I love it. But I had time to get used to it on Web OS. Give it time. It grows in you.

The UI/animations are cool. I don't like the fact that it doesn't truley multitask anymore. The apps are frozen and reloaded or something. It doesn't run normally in the background like standard android, due to HTC modifications

Edit: Ok the more I use this the more frustrating it gets. I browse the web constantly throughout the day while doing a thousand other tasks. Multitasking has always returned my web page to the spot I left off. Now it just reloads the website as if it is the first time I came to it completely losing any progress in whatever you were reading.How am I the only one bothered by this?! Are there any temporary solutions anyone is using?

Positive Vibrations

AYSIANA 05-30-2012 02:23 PM

Re: Thoughts on Multitasking

Quote:

Originally Posted by princem131 (Post 2179660)
The UI/animations are cool. I don't like the fact that it doesn't truley multitask anymore. The apps are frozen and reloaded or something. It doesn't run normally in the background like standard android, due to HTC modifications

Edit: Ok the more I use this the more frustrating it gets. I browse the web constantly throughout the day while doing a thousand other tasks. Multitasking has always returned my web page to the spot I left off. Now it just reloads the website as if it is the first time I came to it completely losing any progress in whatever you were reading.How am I the only one bothered by this?! Are there any temporary solutions anyone is using?

Positive Vibrations

Well I haven't used the stock browser at all yet...I use the Dolphin HD browser and it works just fine, I don't recall it ever reloading back to page I started on. I just left this page in the middle of typing this and switched to my Plume app and Facebook app and then back to finish typing this and there was no reloading, it picked up right where I left off. Hope this helps.

princem131 05-30-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AYSIANA (Post 2180077)
Well I haven't used the stock browser at all yet...I use the Dolphin HD browser and it works just fine, I don't recall it ever reloading back to page I started on. I just left this page in the middle of typing this and switched to my Plume app and Facebook app and then back to finish typing this and there was no reloading, it picked up right where I left off. Hope this helps.

That's strange because I'm having the problem with Dolphin, Stock and Chrome browsers. I will say the last few times I tried just now with Dolphin tho it still reloaded, it went back to the same spot. Idk, results seem to vary but reviews online for the other HTC One variants (One X and One S) support that it reboots. They actually say that this was by HTC's intentional design. It seems to effect more than just the browsers too

http://www.fun47.com/htc-one-x-and-s...-multitasking/

Positive Vibrations

OMJ 05-30-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princem131 (Post 2180086)
That's strange because I'm having the problem with Dolphin, Stock and Chrome browsers. I will say the last few times I tried just now with Dolphin tho it still reloaded, it went back to the same spot. Idk, results seem to vary but reviews online for the other HTC One variants (One X and One S) support that it reboots. They actually say that this was by HTC's intentional design. It seems to effect more than just the browsers too

HTC One X and S Disappointing In Terms Of Multitasking?

Positive Vibrations

I can see both sides.....HTC is trying to give the allusion that the phone is fast, and has good battery life.....but the side affect could drive ppl nuts, lol.

mikejones13 05-30-2012 04:20 PM

Personally I can't stand it. Maybe it will grow on me, but uploading files SUCK with this multi-tasking, flipping between tabs on web browser blows. If I am trying to load ppcgeeks then open a tab to check 9news, 9news will load, but ppcgeeks won't. Unless I switch back to ppcgeeks and let it load all the way. And with the slow 3g speeds it blows big time, IMO

princem131 05-30-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikejones13 (Post 2180098)
Personally I can't stand it. Maybe it will grow on me, but uploading files SUCK with this multi-tasking, flipping between tabs on web browser blows. If I am trying to load ppcgeeks then open a tab to check 9news, 9news will load, but ppcgeeks won't. Unless I switch back to ppcgeeks and let it load all the way. And with the slow 3g speeds it blows big time, IMO

Thanks I'm not alone. For a second I thought maybe I was crazy. This is a major fail imo

Positive Vibrations

Da Uniq 1 06-04-2012 10:06 AM

I'm really not feeling this either. I've only used the stock browser because I had my google account backed up to my Evo 3D and when I sold it for cash for this phone I went to a Transform for the time being. Never installed anything on it so when I got my LTE, none of the apps I had on the Google server were there anymore lol.

But I've noticed this same issue of reloading even in other apps like file managers like Astro. or even the messaging apps.

This is redicumolous

princem131 06-15-2012 08:18 PM

Ok I feel it's only fair after having blasted this phone for multitasking so much across the threads that I report back good news... I'm on day 2 with modded multitasking on vipers rom and I'm thoroughly impressed. It's not 100% back to normal but I'd say it's maybe 90% there... Add that to the insane battery life I'm getting (19hrs+ with 31 battery left!) I'm loving this phone again! Things will only get better as time passes.

Positive Vibrations