PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2012, 04:13 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
CID Unloc for free yet?

Hey guys i really would like if someone could tell/show me a link on how to unlock the Sprint TP2 for use on GSM networks like AT&T and T-Mobile
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:36 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Re: CID Unloc for free yet?

I haven't found a free one yet. Let us know if you do!

Old 05-17-2012, 10:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ruben86 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to ruben86

I'd like to put a Simple Mobile SIM (Prepaid T-Mobile GSM) in my old Sprint TP2. I've flashed ROMs before. Are any ROMs able to put any GSM US Sim in a CDMA TP2? I've searched for a free option on this site, but it looks complicated.

Also will the data (3G) and texting/MMS work?
Old 05-17-2012, 11:18 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruben86 View Post
I'd like to put a Simple Mobile SIM (Prepaid T-Mobile GSM) in my old Sprint TP2. I've flashed ROMs before. Are any ROMs able to put any GSM US Sim in a CDMA TP2? I've searched for a free option on this site, but it looks complicated.

It should be possible by unlocking the SIM, But i'm pretty sure you would only get 2g data, as the Sprint TP2 doesn't support the bands that US GSM carriers run 3g on, ie. 1900 and 1700.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruben86 View Post

This will be possible around the fall when T-mobile will have refarmed a large portion of their HSPA(+) network to the PCS Band.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:20 PM
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
It should be possible by unlocking the SIM, But i'm pretty sure you would only get 2g data, as the Sprint TP2 doesn't support the bands that US GSM carriers run 3g on, ie. 1900 and 1700.
Well from my research, the Sprint version is already SIM unlocked, as when i insert my Tmo sim card, it doesnt ask for a password but i dont see Tmobile in the list of available networks. Which is most likely caused by the Sprint Radio being flashed thus one must flash the Hacked radio found on this forum. But you must be security unlocked which costs money(Olipro's website)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
This will be possible around the fall when T-mobile will have refarmed a large portion of their HSPA(+) network to the PCS Band.
Why would they do that?! I love how it is now, i feel like if they switched to PCS it wouldnt be as fast. Plus if they switch wouldnt that put all current HSDPA HSPA+ phones useless?
Old 05-20-2012, 07:08 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
Well from my research, the Sprint version is already SIM unlocked, as when i insert my Tmo sim card, it doesnt ask for a password but i dont see Tmobile in the list of available networks. Which is most likely caused by the Sprint Radio being flashed thus one must flash the Hacked radio found on this forum. But you must be security unlocked which costs money(Olipro's website)

Why would they do that?! I love how it is now, i feel like if they switched to PCS it wouldnt be as fast. Plus if they switch wouldnt that put all current HSDPA HSPA+ phones useless?
They're doing it so they can unofficially provide the iPhone as well as other GSM phones and to expand coverage. It is my understanding that the current phones will continue to work as they are today, only the newer T-mobile phones and unlocked GSM phones will be able to take advantage of the refarm, if in any event where there's no 3G coverage on 1700/2100mhz then it will fallback to use 3G on the more crowded PCS band instead of going to 2G.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

I wouldn't mind paying for the unlock, but the latest radio (which when I used my TP2) came out (VZW) and there was no-one to WF the damn thing... and it worked wonders for Sprint/Roam (Verizon) handling... and support for the unlock? Not a chance... (I asked a question, never got an answer...)

Either way, glad to see the TP2 still has users, such a great dev community back when I used it...

Old 05-24-2012, 12:07 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane3162 View Post
I wouldn't mind paying for the unlock, but the latest radio (which when I used my TP2) came out (VZW) and there was no-one to WF the damn thing... and it worked wonders for Sprint/Roam (Verizon) handling... and support for the unlock? Not a chance... (I asked a question, never got an answer...)

Either way, glad to see the TP2 still has users, such a great dev community back when I used it...
well im unlocking it for a friend. But I actually purchased the software from htc-unlocks.com and sent olipro a pm over at xda developers im kinda pissed that they still have the site up and running but it doesn't even have support yet. Hell they should just release it if they won't support it.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:18 PM
Threadstarter

So i ended up spending the cash. I got the software and everything is working wonderously. It even works on tmobile while in android sweetness

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2