PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 08:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

kam1967 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question How to Root FROYO FRX07 ON TP2 - not through SD card method

Hi guys,

I would like to know whether it's possible to do a root install of FRX07 on Touch Pro 2 (Sprint cmda phone). I currently have it running from an SD card, but I have to erase/reinstall the files onto the SD card every other week because I cannot get past the startup.txt sometimes.

If you could direct me to the tools to make this happen, that would be so awesome.

Thanks in advance!

Kam
Old 01-16-2012, 09:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330
Carrier: Sprint

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: How to Root FROYO FRX07 ON TP2 - not through SD card method

Isn't the rom already 'rooted'? I could be wrong, but I was under the impression it already was.

What do you mean you can't get past the startup.txt? Does it come up with the screen where it's asking you to locate a 'default.txt' file or something like that?
Old 01-16-2012, 10:07 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchstickredgti View Post
Isn't the rom already 'rooted'? I could be wrong, but I was under the impression it already was.

What do you mean you can't get past the startup.txt? Does it come up with the screen where it's asking you to locate a 'default.txt' file or something like that?
He's talking about NAND . OP look here , its not Froyo which is fine because its Gingerbread runs A LOT better than Froyo , however DO NOT FLASH UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO RUN INTO SOME ERRORS IT IS NOT COMPLETE AND IS STILL UNDER TESTING . heres the link http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp...b-1-2-3-a.html
Old 01-16-2012, 10:09 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kam1967 View Post
Hi guys,

I would like to know whether it's possible to do a root install of FRX07 on Touch Pro 2 (Sprint cmda phone). I currently have it running from an SD card, but I have to erase/reinstall the files onto the SD card every other week because I cannot get past the startup.txt sometimes.

If you could direct me to the tools to make this happen, that would be so awesome.

Thanks in advance!

Kam
You have to erase/reinstall the files onto the SD card every other week because you cannot get past the startup.txt...? What?

Just replace the startup.txt if it goes to 0bytes. I think someone found Gen.Y was blasting out the startup.txt. Not sure if it was ever established why it happens, but why would you erase everything and start over just because the startup.txt got wiped out? lol.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:35 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kam1967 is a n00b

Replacing the startup.txt file was my first option, but it still hangs up. The file does not read 0 byte, as the script or texts are still in that file (nothing's changed.)

Normally, it boots past that and you'd start seeing the word "android", but when it hangs up, I cannot do anything else but replace the entire set of files/folders and then it will boot fine.

Anybody ran into this issue before, besides me?
Old 01-17-2012, 01:10 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kam1967 View Post
Replacing the startup.txt file was my first option, but it still hangs up. The file does not read 0 byte, as the script or texts are still in that file (nothing's changed.)

Normally, it boots past that and you'd start seeing the word "android", but when it hangs up, I cannot do anything else but replace the entire set of files/folders and then it will boot fine.

Anybody ran into this issue before, besides me?
Well there's many forms of the build crashing, not sure if I've personally run into the particular one you're describing.

Your fix seems quite drastic tho, and I honestly doubt that's required. Try starting with a new data.img next time...
Old 01-17-2012, 01:23 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kam1967 is a n00b

I agree. That does sound drastic. I've been putting up with it and have been reinstalling "all" the apps that I've installed. Well, I've gotten to a point where I only installed the ones I need with the backuprestore app, so that helped. Yes, I'll try that next time. Hopefully that will fix it. I cannot imagine the fix though as no files have changed. But I'll give it a try..anything, really!
Old 12-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: mtn

kwabenajesus is a n00b

I need the whole steps in how to install Frx07 on htc tp2
Old 12-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwabenajesus View Post
I need the whole steps in how to install Frx07 on htc tp2
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp...e-release.html

Step-by-step... Same steps apply to GBX0C (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp...3-7-build.html), there's just the additional step involving the CSV files.

GBX0C is more updated, and you can run the newest kernels. FRX07 has not been updated in a while, and you can only run .27 kernels.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kam1967 is a n00b

So this works for SPRINT TOUCH PRO 2 CMDA running RAPHAEL 800?

I want to try it but need to know first that it will work with sprint cmda phone. Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
htc touch pro2, rooting