PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos
Carrier: Sprint

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Guide to get Nand working on TP2

*Down until further notice.*

Last edited by vzihome; 11-10-2011 at 09:32 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Guide to get Nand working on TP2

lol, I said we'd do an official guide when everything has settled and we're ready for release.

Oh well. Hopefully this will help people with fastboot/adb issues.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
lol, I said we'd do an official guide when everything has settled and we're ready for release.

Oh well. Hopefully this will help people with fastboot/adb issues.
Hey arrrghhh if this is going to cause issue I will gladly take it down. Let me know asap!

Otherwise its a quick and dirty guide will clean it up as soon as I get near a computer.

Sent from my ACL powered TP2 using Tapatalk

Last edited by vzihome; 11-10-2011 at 08:23 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post
Hey arrrghhh if this is going to cause issue I will gladly take it down. Let me know asap!

Otherwise its a quick and dirty guide will clean it up as soon as I get near a computer.

Eh, it's one of those things - I don't want to make an easy, step-by-step guide just to get someone a system that's completely unstable. If they're able to figure out how to flash based on the information out there, they probably will also provide some good information as feedback on the system. Typically I wouldn't setup an easy how-to until testing is done. Basically if the user can't figure it out, they probably shouldn't be testing it.

I just don't see the point in guiding people thru how to do something, only to have a ton of posts complaining about broken stuff. That's not productive or useful to anyone.

I'm sure a lot of users are just fuming right now, but it's the truth. Sorry.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Eh, it's one of those things - I don't want to make an easy, step-by-step guide just to get someone a system that's completely unstable. If they're able to figure out how to flash based on the information out there, they probably will also provide some good information as feedback on the system. Typically I wouldn't setup an easy how-to until testing is done. Basically if the user can't figure it out, they probably shouldn't be testing it.

I just don't see the point in guiding people thru how to do something, only to have a ton of posts complaining about broken stuff. That's not productive or useful to anyone.

I'm sure a lot of users are just fuming right now, but it's the truth. Sorry.
10-4, agreed

Old 11-11-2011, 01:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
I give you an A for effort and a pat on the back. Don't feel bad, because I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, arrrghhh and [ACL] will probably be fed up with my stupid questions in no time.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Sorry i was the one who really wanted to keep the manuals until the end. We have a quick and dirty primer on the project page wiki. I figured if anyone was serious they would do the research.

Yall can improve on that i guess.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post

Sorry i was the one who really wanted to keep the manuals until the end. We have a quick and dirty primer on the project page wiki. I figured if anyone was serious they would do the research.

Yall can improve on that i guess.
I hope you didn't take my previous post as a knock to you guys, I'm just inept when it comes to Linux based devices. I'm more than willing to do the reasearch but some of this stuff is just beyond me.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app
Old 12-04-2011, 06:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

darylrue is a n00b

I have been flashing, tweaking, hacking, jailbreaking, etc.. for years since first version of windows CE. I am on epic 4g and have been through many roms with it and about 10x as many on windows mobile then android on my TP2. I still have Sprint TP2 as well and have been running android off SD card for a while since nothing was working. I downloaded all files to try nand version and was looking for a faq to refresh myself before jumping back in. This would have been helpful I am sure. If possible email to darylrue@gmail.com, thanks. Otherwise I will figure it out but will take longer. Its cold and I would like to play around this week a bit.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:19 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by darylrue View Post
I have been flashing, tweaking, hacking, jailbreaking, etc.. for years since first version of windows CE. I am on epic 4g and have been through many roms with it and about 10x as many on windows mobile then android on my TP2. I still have Sprint TP2 as well and have been running android off SD card for a while since nothing was working. I downloaded all files to try nand version and was looking for a faq to refresh myself before jumping back in. This would have been helpful I am sure. If possible email to darylrue@gmail.com, thanks. Otherwise I will figure it out but will take longer. Its cold and I would like to play around this week a bit.
The concepts are the same as in this thread, just apply the new files to these directions... It's pretty much like flashing a WinMo ROM, then flashing Android to it. Fun mix of both.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp...-recovery.html

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development