PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 02:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint 6700
Carrier: none

surlamer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint 6700 pocket pc

I have a Sprint 6700 mobile pocket pc with Windows 5 os. I am not using the phone per se but only the Windows os. I have synced some files from my desktop that need to be un-zipped/opened. When I try to do this I get: there is no application with this file, run the application first, then open this file within the application. Another of the files that I need to install in order to make everything work is Microsoft NET CF 3.5. When I try to open and install this I get a message that it is not a valid pocket pc application.

Is this a problem because the os is not more recent, say win 6 os? The program will not run on win 7.

I am not familiar with mobile phones at all.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:31 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint 6700 pocket pc

Quote:
Originally Posted by surlamer View Post
I have a Sprint 6700 mobile pocket pc with Windows 5 os. I am not using the phone per se but only the Windows os. I have synced some files from my desktop that need to be un-zipped/opened. When I try to do this I get: there is no application with this file, run the application first, then open this file within the application. Another of the files that I need to install in order to make everything work is Microsoft NET CF 3.5. When I try to open and install this I get a message that it is not a valid pocket pc application.

Is this a problem because the os is not more recent, say win 6 os? The program will not run on win 7.

I am not familiar with mobile phones at all.
What kind of file is it? windows mobile installation files are .cab, if its any other format you gotta install it on the pc. Then sync it using WMDC(vista/win7) or ActiveSync(95/NT/98/ME/2000/XP)

If you want to upgrade to winmo 6 or 6.5 you can by going to the Apache development section here: (HTC Apache is the name of the ppc6700)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-apache/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; SPH-D710 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I'm not sure if you can still find a winzip cab anywhere, but most people use winrar anyway. Google those terms and see what you find.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:14 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

surlamer is a n00b

Let me followup on my problem. I have downloaded some .ZIP files to my desktop with Win7 os. I would like to sync these files by WMDC after unzipping them. The win5 os Sprint 6700 ppc will not allow me to drag to its My Documents folder. I did not know that the mobile device will only accept .CAB files. But, I cannot even drag these! What's wrong with my approach?
Old 11-05-2011, 03:34 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

After you unzip the files using your desktop pc, cut and paste them into the My Documents(6700 Documents) synced folder on your desktop without your device connected. Then connect your device via usb to your desktop and sync using WMDC. Then after syncing, if you disconnect from your desktop and check the My Documents folder using File Explorer on your device those files will be there given that you have enough storage memory on your device for these files. You can copy just about any file type to your ppc this way except your ppc cannot open or run some files.
Your device can only install .cab files on it's own by clicking on them using File Explorer. All app installation/setup files that are in .exe form have to be installed to your device by double-clicking on them with your desktop pc while you are synced to your ppc.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:22 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

surlamer is a n00b

How do I cut/paste to My Docs folder of ppc device with it disconnected. When I try this the folder no longer appears on the screen. I am unfamiliar with the ppc 6700 and syncing in general.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:27 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; liquid.vivow.20111101.14572 AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Im shocked how many people still use winmo and these old devices.

Old 11-05-2011, 03:37 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Do you have an SD card in your phone? much easier if you just transfer it to SD card either via mounting to usb or using an SD card adapter.

or you can just download it directly on your phone.

Last edited by gTen; 11-05-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by surlamer View Post
How do I cut/paste to My Docs folder of ppc device with it disconnected. When I try this the folder no longer appears on the screen. I am unfamiliar with the ppc 6700 and syncing in general.
Well, If it's not always on your desktop then just find the folder using Windows Explorer. It's on your PC somewhere and once you find it then cut and paste to it. Then if you want Copy the folder or locate it on your Desktop for easy access later.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:17 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

surlamer is a n00b

horndoctor, I cannot get this to work. This all shouldn't be this hard. I'm probably going to have to take this issue to a local Sprint dealer, as I'm not ppc savvy. The phone will not accept these files the way I'm trying to load them. I don't know if the phone's active-sync mobile 5 os is in conflict with my desktop win7 os with WMDC version 6.1 or not? I have no idea what I'm doing with this thing! Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache