View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 10:31 AM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint 6700 pocket pc

Quote:
Originally Posted by surlamer View Post
I have a Sprint 6700 mobile pocket pc with Windows 5 os. I am not using the phone per se but only the Windows os. I have synced some files from my desktop that need to be un-zipped/opened. When I try to do this I get: there is no application with this file, run the application first, then open this file within the application. Another of the files that I need to install in order to make everything work is Microsoft NET CF 3.5. When I try to open and install this I get a message that it is not a valid pocket pc application.

Is this a problem because the os is not more recent, say win 6 os? The program will not run on win 7.

I am not familiar with mobile phones at all.
What kind of file is it? windows mobile installation files are .cab, if its any other format you gotta install it on the pc. Then sync it using WMDC(vista/win7) or ActiveSync(95/NT/98/ME/2000/XP)

If you want to upgrade to winmo 6 or 6.5 you can by going to the Apache development section here: (HTC Apache is the name of the ppc6700)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-apache/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.