PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2011, 10:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TPII
Carrier: Sprint

Timmygt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
can I auto-run Android or do I have to dual boot?

I know I have seen how to do the on the HD2 but I have the TP2 and want to know if I always have to turn my phone on in windows first then run haret to get to android? could someone provide me with a link on how to make it auto load Android, I found the dual boot option here but is that my only option;
[APP][25MAR10]Gen.Y DualBOOT v1.0.6.0[W|Q|VGA][CAB|EXT] - xda-developers
is a little much to take in but I'll figure it out.

also well I have your attention is there a way to make the auto locate work for the GPS, Maps, and weather?

here is the page I used to get android in the first place;
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp...e-release.html
you guys are the best and love all the help and work you have done so for! keep up the amazing work!

one last question for now, I have Froyo on my phone right now but have heard there is also a way to change it to Gingerbread but that it isn't as stable, is that true?

Last edited by Timmygt; 10-15-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:42 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: can I auto-run Android or do I have to dual boot?

Oy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmygt View Post
I know I have seen how to do the on the HD2 but I have the TP2 and want to know if I always have to turn my phone on in windows first then run haret to get to android? could someone provide me with a link on how to make it auto load Android, I found the dual boot option here but is that my only option;
[APP][25MAR10]Gen.Y DualBOOT v1.0.6.0[W|Q|VGA][CAB|EXT] - xda-developers
is a little much to take in but I'll figure it out.
You found the best option for a dual-boot setup. Unless you just put haret.exe to autostart in WinMo - but that's awkward and not nearly as nice as Gen.Y.

Quote:
also well I have your attention is there a way to make the auto locate work for the GPS, Maps, and weather?
No clue what you're talking about - both netloc and GPS work. GPS doesn't lock very fast at all, but it does work. Note - using QuickGPS in WinMo will help reduce lock times in Android.

Quote:
one last question for now, I have Froyo on my phone right now but have heard there is also a way to change it to Gingerbread but that it isn't as stable, is that true?
I'm impressed you found the FroYo bundle... the GB bundle is literally directly underneath it.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp...ha-camera.html

Yes, it's not as stable. We're working on a new release of it, but the process is slow-going. No ETA's, don't ask.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Timmygt is a n00b

so I installed the .cad for the Gen.Y and it will work just fine to start but now when I try to turn the phone off it just keeps resetting instead. has anyone else had that problem with Gen.Y? I'm thinking maybe I put the wrong .cad on my phone because there are 5 options and I didn't know which one to use. I have the RHOD400 with sprint, would I use WVGA, VGA, WQVGA, or QVGA?

when I try to run Nav or anything like that it shows the loading "Waiting for location" and never loads. I'll try the QuickGPS and see if that fixes it and if I still have a problem then I'll see what else can be done.

as for the OS I'll just stick with FroYo because I don't really need Gingerbread but thought it might be another fun option.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:07 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
so I installed the .cad for the Gen.Y and it will work just fine to start but now when I try to turn the phone off it just keeps resetting instead. has anyone else had that problem with Gen.Y? I'm thinking maybe I put the wrong .cad on my phone because there are 5 options and I didn't know which one to use. I have the RHOD400 with sprint, would I use WVGA, VGA, WQVGA, or QVGA?

when I try to run Nav or anything like that it shows the loading "Waiting for location" and never loads. I'll try the QuickGPS and see if that fixes it and if I still have a problem then I'll see what else can be done.

as for the OS I'll just stick with FroYo because I don't really need Gingerbread but thought it might be another fun option.
WVGA is the RHOD.

Make sure you have a GPS location in Maps before opening Nav.

Gingerbread is coming along nicely, but not as good as FroYo. In time I hope it will be better than FroYo...
Old 10-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Timmygt is a n00b

QuickGPS fixed my GPS problem, thanks!

But I am still having problems turning my phone off when I am running Android, it was the WVGA .cab I had installed so I removed it and reinstalled it and the phone still wont turn off unless I do it from windows (Android it just resets it). any ideas what to do to fix that?

I'm sure if I still have my TP2 when it is Gingerbread runs smother then FroYo I'll switch over but FroYo is exciting enough by itself. thanks for everything, I would have never even tried to do this if it wasn't for you and everyone who helped make it possible.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:27 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
QuickGPS fixed my GPS problem, thanks!

But I am still having problems turning my phone off when I am running Android, it was the WVGA .cab I had installed so I removed it and reinstalled it and the phone still wont turn off unless I do it from windows (Android it just resets it). any ideas what to do to fix that?

I'm sure if I still have my TP2 when it is Gingerbread runs smother then FroYo I'll switch over but FroYo is exciting enough by itself. thanks for everything, I would have never even tried to do this if it wasn't for you and everyone who helped make it possible.
Oh... Power off from Android is inconsistent at best. Pulling the battery always works... On NAND this issue will be fixed. Running from SD card has its drawbacks. One of them is no way to properly unmount on partitions reboot/shutdown.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:39 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Timmygt is a n00b

if I did Android in NAND I wouldn't have to use the SD card anymore, right? is it easy to switch Android over so I can run it on internal memory?
Old 10-15-2011, 08:59 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
if I did Android in NAND I wouldn't have to use the SD card anymore, right? is it easy to switch Android over so I can run it on internal memory?
It's only in testing now. Not recommended for daily use! I've been using it for a few days, I'm working with the dev to get the issues ironed out for a wider release. Works quite well so far, but it still has a way to go before it is as stable as HaRET is. In some ways it's beyond HaRET - the prox sensor works, and I don't seem to have any wake issues. Not to mention running off of internal memory as opposed to on the SD card - USB mass storage works, you can pull the SD and Android will still work, etc.

Now there's no magical boost of energy going to NAND. Anyone who says NAND is faster than the SD card doesn't know what they're talking about unfortunately. They're basically the same technology...
Old 10-15-2011, 09:05 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Timmygt is a n00b

awesome to know, I'll be watching for it but I'll deal with this for now.

one thing I haven't been able to find is there a easy way to get all my contacts from WM to Android?

also will you're full bundle I linked above work on a HTC Tilt 2 just like it did on my TP2? or will I need different files? my friend saw what I did to mine and wants it on her AT&T phone too
Old 10-15-2011, 09:15 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
awesome to know, I'll be watching for it but I'll deal with this for now.

one thing I haven't been able to find is there a easy way to get all my contacts from WM to Android?

also will you're full bundle I linked above work on a HTC Tilt 2 just like it did on my TP2? or will I need different files? my friend saw what I did to mine and wants it on her AT&T phone too
Same files for any device, just use the correct startup.txt.

Contact sync is easily done thru Google/GMail - see the FAQ.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2