PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 11:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2!
Carrier: Jog PCS

steveoski is keeping up the good worksteveoski is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HELP!! Phone wont ring but vibrates

hey guys i am running HYC's android build (which is super fantastic by the way) but im having a problem with my phone not ringing. The phone simply will just not play my ringtone. When i go to sample the ringtone it plays the sound but than when i actaully get a phone call it just doesnt ring. I thought this was originally caused by using my BT headset but than i wiped the build reformatted the sd card and still having the same problem.

If i turn the always vibrate on my phone will vibrate just fine but the ringtone wont play. it doesnt mattr if i use a syatem ringtone or one that i downloaded elsewhere. Is anyone else expericening this? or maybe in the past and has a clue on what i should try to make it work? it is really frustrating me and this build has everything damn near working in it and i would love to keep usung it but heasring phone calls is pretty darn important.

any thoughts suggestions would be most appreciated!

Thanks Steveo
Old 06-20-2011, 11:39 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: HELP!! Phone wont ring but vibrates

hyc doesn't support his build.

I've had this happen on his stuff as well, after extended uptime. For whatever reason it rings at first, but then mysteriously stops. I haven't looked into it, as I don't really care that much...

Plus, hyc doesn't support his build. Did I already say that? So if you're running his stuff, don't post any threads about it. Asking for help on his build is silly, as it's for testing... and is not supported. Oh yea, it's unsupported.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2!
Carrier: Jog PCS
Threadstarter

steveoski is keeping up the good worksteveoski is keeping up the good work

i am not asking HYC for help arrrgh i am asking on ppcgeeks if maybe someone else has had an isue with it and was able to fix it. in no way shape or form did i say help hyc please help me. im pretty sure thats why ppcgeeks is here to ask for help so even though HYC himself doesnt offer support for his work someone else might have come across a solution
Old 06-20-2011, 02:11 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveoski View Post
i am not asking HYC for help arrrgh i am asking on ppcgeeks if maybe someone else has had an isue with it and was able to fix it. in no way shape or form did i say help hyc please help me. im pretty sure thats why ppcgeeks is here to ask for help so even though HYC himself doesnt offer support for his work someone else might have come across a solution
Well it's kinda hard to support something that doesn't have any support provided, that's designed for testing.

If you have an issue with it, don't use his build. Plain and simple. There's no threads on his build for a reason, and the supported builds already have threads posted. If you have an issue with one of those builds, feel free to post in those threads. If not, then you're pretty much on your own.

I guess someone might've found a fix outside of hyc's testing, but it's doubtful. Either way, who cares... hyc's build is only for testing, he's just been kind enough to put up his work in binary form.

Edit - Again, no one is forcing you to use his builds, and I really get sick of people asking for help using his stuff. Clearly, if the guy who distributes it doesn't want to support it, what makes you think anyone else wants to? I certainly don't.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 06-20-2011 at 02:14 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work

Steve0, sadly, its a known issue to other users as well. HYC peeped out from behind his coding curtain in Oz awhile ago and mentioned that ringers work for him, and that was it on the subject.

I guess the good news is that he has moved on to bigger and better things, which will mean better stuff down the road. FRX07 hopefully will have the ringers fixed. So just keep your fingers crossed for that.

By the way, hyc does not support his builds. And if you mention him, Arrrghhh (in the middle), the leader of this gang will remind you-

Old 06-22-2011, 05:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC G1, TP2
Carrier: T-Mobile

highlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good work

Man, I wish I had this problem. My phone keeps waking me up when someone calls and I forget to mute it. (Even on vibrate it's too noisy...)

I published my build mainly so that other developers could verify that my proposed patches actually work. The idea being, if another dev finds a problem with it, they can fix it and we can move on from there. Also it serves as a reference so that when they merge my work into their builds, they can see if the result is what we expected.

I allow general/public access, but I do my best to discourage the general public from using it, since a lot of the code is experimental and I don't need a bunch of newbies telling me it blew up their phone. I also hate people who don't read.

At the top of my page, in the Requirements section, I tell you exactly what to do if you have a problem. The number of people who actually follow this is nearly zero. People who ignore the instructions deserve no help.

Last edited by highlandsun; 06-22-2011 at 05:35 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Hi HYC. If you are a bit curious, attached is a new logcat run via the awesome getlogs app. (Renamed data.zip) The call comes in at 11:51. I don't understand much, but real quick, here are a few ring related snippets. (Again, I'm just posting without any expectations of anything at all in in the form of support. This is just for hyc's knowledge.)

From System Info - (note, no ringer is shown)
[ro.config.notification_sound]: [OnTheHunt.ogg]
[ro.config.alarm_alert]: [Alarm_Classic.ogg]

From System Log
6-22 11:51:55.980 D/Ringer ( 24: ring()...
06-22 11:51:56.080 D/Ringer ( 24: - starting vibrator...
06-22 11:51:56.090 D/Ringer ( 24: mRingHandler: PLAY_RING_ONCE...
06-22 11:51:56.090 D/Ringer ( 24: creating ringtone: content://settings/system/ringtone

06-22 11:51:56.790 D/PhoneUtils( 24: - FG call: IDLE isAlive false isRinging false isDialing false isIdle true hasConnections false
06-22 11:51:56.790 D/PhoneUtils( 24: - BG call: IDLE isAlive false isRinging false isDialing false isIdle true hasConnections false
06-22 11:51:56.790 D/PhoneUtils( 24: - RINGING call: INCOMING isAlive true isRinging true isDialing false isIdle false hasConnections true
06-22 11:51:56.790 D/PhoneUtils( 24: - hasRingingCall true hasActiveCall false hasHoldingCall false allLinesTaken false
06-22 11:51:56.790 D/PhoneUtils( 24: - CDMA call state: IDLE
06-22 11:51:56.790 D/PhoneUtils( 24: - Ringer state: true

06-22 11:51:57.220 D/AudioHardwareInterface( 149): setMode(RINGTONE)
06-22 11:51:57.230 W/InputManagerService( 171): Starting input on non-focused client com.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$ Proxy@44294580 (uid=10059 pid=2544)
06-22 11:51:57.230 W/IInputConnectionWrapper( 2544): showStatusIcon on inactive InputConnection
06-22 11:51:57.230 D/CallNotifier( 24: PHONE_ENHANCED_VP_OFF...
06-22 11:51:57.270 V/AudioHardwareMSM72XX_wince( 149): AudioStreamOutMSM72xx::setParameters() routing=2
06-22 11:51:57.270 V/AudioHardwareMSM72XX_wince( 149): set output routing 2
06-22 11:51:57.270 I/AudioHardwareMSM72XX_wince( 149): Routing audio to Speakerphone
06-22 11:51:57.270 V/AudioHardwareMSM72XX_wince( 149): doAudioRouteOrMute() device 1, mMode 1, mMicMute 1
06-22 11:51:57.270 D/AudioHardwareMSM72XX_wince( 149): rpc_snd_set_device(1, 1, 1)
06-22 11:51:57.270 V/AudioHardwareMSM72XX_wince( 149): AudioHardware::update_device 1
06-22 11:51:57.270 D/AudioHardwareMSM72XX_wince( 149): rpc_snd_set_volume(256, 1, 0)
06-22 11:51:57.270 V/AudioHardwareMSM72XX_wince( 149): update_volume 256 1 0
Attached Files
File Type: zip data.zip (398.7 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-22-2011, 06:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC G1, TP2
Carrier: T-Mobile

highlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good work

Probably need to get these logs to JB. Audio is his code, it makes no sense to me.

By the way, you probably should copy my new dmesg binary to your /bin and grab the logs again. (Delete the old dmesg first. It's a symlink to busybox; if you just copy onto it I think you will obliterate the busybox binary and then you'll be SOL.)
Attached Files
File Type: gz dmesg.gz (2.6 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by highlandsun; 06-22-2011 at 10:11 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I figured out how to get my phone ring. Here is what I did:
1) Place an mp3 on your sd card
2) Using the "Music" app, find your mp3
3) Long press on the song and select "Use as phone ringtone"

That is it. Your mp3 will now be your ringer!

Please post your results to make sure it is not just my phone. This is of course using HYC's AWESOME files.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:15 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveholtam View Post
I figured out how to get my phone ring. Here is what I did:
1) Place an mp3 on your sd card
2) Using the "Music" app, find your mp3
3) Long press on the song and select "Use as phone ringtone"

That is it. Your mp3 will now be your ringer!

Please post your results to make sure it is not just my phone. This is of course using HYC's AWESOME files.
So I've been playing with this, trying to figure out what the catalyst or point of failure actually is.

At first, I thought after the first ring all rings after that would fail. On my second test, the phone did manage to ring in on the first and second calls, but the third and fourth calls failed on the ring.

So I employed your idea, and used the Music app to make an MP3 my ringer. I did this, and still no ringtone. I was able to listen to the song by going to Settings -> Sound -> Phone Ringtone and clicking on the ringer that was selected (indeed the MP3, and it played perfectly).

I think it's more complicated than you are making it out to be... I'd still like to figure out why this is happening, but it may be a pointless venture.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2