PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Atlas
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2007, 11:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: wing
Carrier: t-mobile

pana1 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pana1 Send a message via MSN to pana1 Send a message via Yahoo to pana1
Soft Reset

sorry if this seems like an ignorant question but can someone tell me how to do a soft reset on the wing?
Old 01-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tmobile Wing

damnitpud is a n00b
A soft-reset is just turning the phone off then back on. You can do this by holding down the power button for 3 seconds then a box comes up that says..."Power will be turned off and you may lose data if you have not saved them. Do you want to continue?" Hit Ok and the phone will shut off. That is how you do a soft reset. If you want to do a hard-reset (reset factory defaults) You would want to power off the phone, then turn on the phone while holding down the 2 menu buttons (the buttons with -'s on them. above the "Windows key" and "ok" button.) Then follow the prompts on the screen.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro, TP2, EVO 4G, Evo 3d
Carrier: Sprint

Cutta-Boi is becoming a great contributor
Actaully, on the wing there is a little button that you push in with the stylus. that will soft rest your device. Much easier than waiting for prompts and if your phone freezes the hard keys don't work what then? stick with the small circle on the bottom
Old 01-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tmobile Wing

damnitpud is a n00b
I always forget about that reset button, My phone has frozen on me before but the power button has always worked for me.

The reset button is actually on the left hand side between the volume control and MicroSD slot.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Atlas