PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2011, 10:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 6700/T8585, Samsung i760, LG VS750
Carrier: T-Mobile, Reachout Wireless

n1nj4Lo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo
Boost Mobile Pic Messaging... Plus More!

Normally you dial ##3282# and go edit the MMSC URL to http://mm.myboostmobile.com but everytime I dial that it says connection error, so how can I achive that or fix it? Everything else is working great, internet, phone calls and texting...
_

Also how can I install apps? I tried uploading them to my own personal and downloading the url, but that didn't work...

Then lastly how can I import my contacts from an xml or txt file? I've been reading about exporting them in outlook to csv and then importing them to a gmail account.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo
Re: Boost Mobile Pic Messaging... Plus More!

Errr!!! Well now getting most everything setup and installing the app's I wanted from marketplace after I rebooted the internet stopped working. Halp, before I reflash and start all over again.

Thanks
Old 04-18-2011, 09:06 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

I have no clue what build your running.

I don't know about you, but I usually install apps thru the Market. If you just have apk's, they can be placed in the AndroidApps folder, and they'll get copied to /data/app at runtime.

As for MMS, you'll need to set it thru the APN - which there's still some work being done on the RIL and APNs related to CDMA devices. Not sure where that development is at, I haven't looked at that repo in a few days.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC G1, TP2
Carrier: T-Mobile

highlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
That development is all done. Just waiting on testers and a merge.

Sent from my TP2 using Tapatalk
Old 04-18-2011, 03:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Yea I added the MMSC Url through Network settings and access points, now I need to figure out if I need to add anything for username, password, mms proxy and mms port... I have no idea what they are, I'm sure I could prolly find out by looking on the WinMo side of things...

I'm running FRX06 Full Bundle 25.3.2011, everything works perfectly... All I need to do is fix/edit the mms settings.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:57 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo View Post
Yea I added the MMSC Url through Network settings and access points, now I need to figure out if I need to add anything for username, password, mms proxy and mms port... I have no idea what they are, I'm sure I could prolly find out by looking on the WinMo side of things...

I'm running FRX06 Full Bundle 25.3.2011, everything works perfectly... All I need to do is fix/edit the mms settings.
Those are carrier-specific - so you'll need to sort them out for your carrier.

If someone knows the values, perhaps they'll jump in. If you can find them in WinMo, or just from searching, that should be all you need.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Okay cool... All I'm mainly concerned on now before doing anything else is successfully importing ALL my contacts...

Tried GMail, it didn't sync them all, tried AS Contacts Sync it didn't work (Maybe cause it's the wrong input field compared to windows mobile text contact field inputs), tried MeContacts and XML it fails and has to FC... Grrrr!!! Even tried ON Contacts it worked but also didn't display all my contacts. Offline Contacts Sync says it imported all of them, but then I don't see them in the phone. >_<

Last edited by n1nj4Lo; 04-18-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:21 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo View Post
Okay cool... All I'm mainly concerned on now before doing anything else is successfully importing ALL my contacts...

Tried GMail, it didn't sync them all, tried AS Contacts Sync it didn't work (Maybe cause it's the wrong input field compared to windows mobile text contact field inputs), tried MeContacts and XML it fails and has to FC... Grrrr!!! Even tried ON Contacts it worked but also didn't display all my contacts. Offline Contacts Sync says it imported all of them, but then I don't see them in the phone. >_<
Do you have all your contacts in GMail - and this is important - in the "My Contacts" section?? GMail will only sync those in the My Contacts section with your phone.

Unless you have thousands of contacts, it should work just fine. I don't have a ton by any means, but they always get fully sync'd. I use GMail sync in WinMo too, and the contacts sync between OSes flawlessly (when I used WinMo more, anymore now it's just to boot Android )
Old 04-19-2011, 07:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC G1, TP2
Carrier: T-Mobile

highlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Gmail will sync all contacts, but by default the Android Contacts app only displays the ones in your My Contacts category. You can change this in the Contacts / Settings / Display Options.

Sent from my TP2 using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2011, 08:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Yea I've done all that and it always says: "There was an error with GMail... Please try again shortly GMail will be back" or something along those lines, on wifi and phones own data connection.

The other thing I hate, is ON has syncronized most of the contacts, but when I try to call one of my contacts with ContApps it's says something about no infomation, but when I view contact details the contacts numbers are there and everything... So I have to dial the full number in order to make a call, if it shows up when I start to dial the number and I click on that contact then it gives me that error. LoL

Since I've been having so much trouble I'd love to or rather just figure out the correct/specific text input data fields and redo all my contacts and try importing them again through AS Contacts Sync and see if that works...

I've even tried the builtin vcf contact importer and it imports them all the spoof they are no where to be seen. haha

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2