PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > LG Fathom

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 06:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom, Palm T|X, MotoQ9c, Jornada 567
Carrier: Verizon

pizzaboy192 is keeping up the good workpizzaboy192 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pizzaboy192 Send a message via MSN to pizzaboy192 Send a message via Skype™ to pizzaboy192
MORE LG Fathom tweaks

As per "My Blog", I've added another tweak to my list of things you can do to a fathom.

I found a nifty way to force apps to either autorotate with the accelorameter off, or to force them to a specific rotation at all times.

See below. (I'm still digging thru these keys to see what else is possible)

1: you need a reg editor. I have PHM on my phone for when I want to make a simple change on the go. I also have CERegistryEditor on my desktop and laptops so that I can edit it like I would on my PC without needing to mess around on the phone itself. (Just a plug for those two apps, any Reg Editor will work)

2: Find HKEY_CURRENT_UERS\Software\LGE\RotateManager\Exclu sive\Apps

3: using one of the other apps as an example, create a new key for the app you want to add to the list of apps that rotate when you tip the phone.

(For this example, I will be using GoogleMaps, mostly because that is the first one that I added to the phone because I use my phone as a GPS system in my car in landscape, with the keyboard closed)
Each subkey has 4-ish 5-ish available items to choose from. I haven’t had time to test all of them, but I used Pictures&Videos as one example of how to allow it to access the Accelerometer data even with the sensor off in settings, and Solitare as the example for how to force it to a set rotation setting ( I deleted the solitare key so I could play in landscape mode if I wanted to.)

Item 1: AccelSensor. DWORD. when set to 1, the auto-tip feature is turned on no matter what your settings are, set to 0, it is locked to whatever rotation you are currently on

Item 2: Priority. DWORD. No idea what that does yet. I just set it to 39 on my GoogleMaps example becasue that is what the others are set to

Item 3: Process. String. Put JUST THE NAME OF THE PROCESS HERE. Not the path to it. Whatever the process shows up as in task manager is the item you want. For me, this is GoogleMaps.exe

Item 4: SlideSensor. DWORD. Not currently sure what it does. Tells whether or not to look at the slider. (I think)

Item 5: DMDO, DWORD. 4 settings: 0, 1, 2, 4.
0: Portrait (Rotation of 0 degrees)
1: RT-Hand Rotate (90 degree rotate, opposite of slider)
2: Inerted portrait (180 degrees of rotation.)
4: Left-Hand Rotate (270 degrees of rotation. Same direction as slider)

This key can be set with only the process key to force an app to stay in a certain setting. Enjoy.

Literally copied and pasted from the blog.
I'll be updating my blog with more random items I've found and then posting them here after a few minutes\hours\when I have time.

--pizzaboy192

Last edited by pizzaboy192; 04-07-2011 at 06:13 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom, Palm T|X, MotoQ9c, Jornada 567
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

pizzaboy192 is keeping up the good workpizzaboy192 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pizzaboy192 Send a message via MSN to pizzaboy192 Send a message via Skype™ to pizzaboy192
Re: MORE LG Fathom tweaks

Note: Good app to add a force rotation to is Slacker Radio so it won't have it's UI messed up when you open the slider. Just sayin. There's also a few games out there that are older and don't like working in landscape, so these will work as well so you can use the keyboard for input and movement and have it still be in portrait.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > LG Fathom