PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 01:15 AM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84
[CHT Widget] - Circle Battery Widget

The guys over at xda have been busy creating new widgets for cht. Here's an amazing new battery widget created by xda members rat & dunc. It has three layout options..one with just the circle showing, one with the value showing as 99%, and one with it showing as just 99 without the % symbol. They continue to impress me with showing the extended possibilities of cht!

More info can be found on the Application Thread HERE

Rat and Dunc have been working on and off on this widget for about two months now and other projects just kept getting in the way! However, they just put the finishing touches to it so here it is! For those of you not familiar with the original Android widget it is basically a simple circle line which reduces around the circumference as your battery life reduces. We have added in a few nice extra touches too. When the charge drops below 30% the line changes to orange, and when it drops below 20% it changes red. If you let it go even further and the charge drops below 15% then the line will flash on and off. When you put it on charge you will get a rotating 'charging' animation until it reaches full charge when the circle will turn fully green whilst still plugged in. This will change back to white as soon as you take it off charge. It is all of this extra stuff that we have been working on getting right!

The widget has three layout options - one with just the circle showing, one with the value showing as 99%, and one with it showing as just 99 without the % symbol.

In addition to this you can also edit the text size and color through the registry. The default text size is 60, but you can vary it to anything between 10 and 120 and regardless of where you set it in that range the text will remain centred in the widget. As always the widget uses a unique font so you can replace it with your own font if you like. He used Sveningsson.ttf in the widget, renamed to duncCircleBatteryFont.ttf. So to use your own ttf font just rename it to duncCircleBattery.ttf and copy/paste/overwrite to \Windows on your phone.

And if you want to skin the widget with your own images then they are all stored in \Windows and named duncCircleBattery_5.png and so on. There are 21 png images to skin including the FullyCharged one for 100% and still plugged in, plus the qtc image that is used for the charging animation which is 1EE18B98_manila. But if you are skinning don't think you have to stick with a circle, you could use any set of battery icons and just skin the charging qtc with a blank image so it doesn't show. So you could make an iPhone type skin, a straight line, anything!

Enjoy

Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by lnando84; 03-09-2011 at 01:18 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:37 AM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: [CHT Widget] - Circle Battery Widget

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnando84 View Post
The guys over at xda have been busy creating new widgets for cht. Here's an amazing new battery widget created by xda members rat & dunc. It has three layout options..one with just the circle showing, one with the value showing as 99%, and one with it showing as just 99 without the % symbol. They continue to impress me with showing the extended possibilities of cht!

More info can be found on the Application Thread HERE

Rat and Dunc have been working on and off on this widget for about two months now and other projects just kept getting in the way! However, they just put the finishing touches to it so here it is! For those of you not familiar with the original Android widget it is basically a simple circle line which reduces around the circumference as your battery life reduces. We have added in a few nice extra touches too. When the charge drops below 30% the line changes to orange, and when it drops below 20% it changes red. If you let it go even further and the charge drops below 15% then the line will flash on and off. When you put it on charge you will get a rotating 'charging' animation until it reaches full charge when the circle will turn fully green whilst still plugged in. This will change back to white as soon as you take it off charge. It is all of this extra stuff that we have been working on getting right!

The widget has three layout options - one with just the circle showing, one with the value showing as 99%, and one with it showing as just 99 without the % symbol.

In addition to this you can also edit the text size and color through the registry. The default text size is 60, but you can vary it to anything between 10 and 120 and regardless of where you set it in that range the text will remain centred in the widget. As always the widget uses a unique font so you can replace it with your own font if you like. He used Sveningsson.ttf in the widget, renamed to duncCircleBatteryFont.ttf. So to use your own ttf font just rename it to duncCircleBattery.ttf and copy/paste/overwrite to \Windows on your phone.

And if you want to skin the widget with your own images then they are all stored in \Windows and named duncCircleBattery_5.png and so on. There are 21 png images to skin including the FullyCharged one for 100% and still plugged in, plus the qtc image that is used for the charging animation which is 1EE18B98_manila. But if you are skinning don't think you have to stick with a circle, you could use any set of battery icons and just skin the charging qtc with a blank image so it doesn't show. So you could make an iPhone type skin, a straight line, anything!

Enjoy

great find bro imma mos def use this ..thanks alot
Old 03-09-2011, 07:07 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Threadstarter

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrjskj View Post
great find bro imma mos def use this ..thanks alot
No problem bro! I agree this thing is great!! When I have a little free time I'm gunna see what I can come up with and try skinning it..
Old 03-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I absolutely LOVE this thing!! I hope it goes "red" when battery is low a pulsing red would be nice

I will have to mess with the kitchen.

One issue. EVEN at its smallest when I resize with CHT its still TOO BIG. how can I make it smaller? say 50% of its smallest size now.

will the kitchen let me do that?

truly love this widget!!

keep the widgets coming !!
Old 03-10-2011, 02:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Here is a screencap of my home screen. I would like to get battery circle at least as small as the slacker icon maybe even a little smaller.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot1.jpg (67.8 KB, 29 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-12-2011, 09:10 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
I absolutely LOVE this thing!! I hope it goes "red" when battery is low a pulsing red would be nice

I will have to mess with the kitchen.

One issue. EVEN at its smallest when I resize with CHT its still TOO BIG. how can I make it smaller? say 50% of its smallest size now.

will the kitchen let me do that?

truly love this widget!!

keep the widgets coming !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
Here is a screencap of my home screen. I would like to get battery circle at least as small as the slacker icon maybe even a little smaller.
Yea that's def something you can change yourself using the kitchen included. Reduce the size of the actual image itself but keep the dimensions of the files (256x256) the same. I have a few new skins i've been working on for it that I'll be attaching shortly for everyone..
Old 03-21-2011, 01:58 AM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Threadstarter

Here are a few battery widget skins I've been meaning to share. They're finally finished and ready to go. There are 5 different colors but a total of 6 battery skins. The "G,Y,R" battery is red from 5%-30%, yellow from 35%-60%, and then green 65%-fully charged. I also reduced the size of the "charging circle" so that it'll stay inside the battery. and then attached one speedometer skin as well. Hope everyone enjoys..

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:41 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

that's awesome bro thanks imma snatch up a blue one now ...

Last edited by rrjskj; 03-21-2011 at 10:43 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software