PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV 6700
Carrier: Sprint

bebeto_269 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is there a Way to make the VX6700 work with

My daughter gave me a VX6700 supposed to be an old model so I read cause it came out in 2006
They sold it as an Unlock phone that you can use with any carrier, but it wasn’t like that it came in a Verizon box with the boot screen of sprint so my gees is that they already flash this with a ROM trying to unlock it and didn’t happened.

Ok the DATA of the phone is
Works with Windows Mobil 5.0 OS 5.1.195 Build 14847.2.0.0
Processor PXA270
ROM Version 2.06.00WWE
ROM Date 02/22/06
Radio Version 1.27.00
ESN
PRI version 1.18_003

My Question is there a way to unblock this or you can use a generic ROM and this will help?
I could find any guide about this phone in the site if there is one please let me know and I will search more carefully.

Thanks a lot for the help that you can give me

Found one Hope it helps some one else

HTC Wallaby* (branded as O2 XDA, T-Mobile MDA, Qtek 1010, Dopod 686, Telefonica TSM400, Siemens Cingular AT&T SX56)
HTC Falcon* (branded as Sprint Audiovox PPC 5050)
HTC Himalaya* (branded as O2 XDA II, T-Mobile MDA II, i-mate Phone Edition, Qtek 2020, Dopod 696, Orange SPV M1000, Vodafone VPA, Telefonica TSM500, Krome Navigator F1)
HTC Blue Angel* (branded as O2 XDA IIs, T-Mobile MDA III, i-mate PDA2k, Qtek 9090, Dopod 700, Orange SPV M2000, Vodafone VPA III, e-plus PDA III, Tata Indicom EGO, Siemens Cingular AT&T SX66)
HTC Harrier* (branded as i-mate PDA2k EVDO, Sprint Audiovox PPC6600/PPC6601, Verizon VX6600/VX6601, Daxian CU92
HTC Magician+ (branded as 02 XDA II Mini, T-Mobile MDA Compact, i-mate JAM, Qtek S100, Dopod 818, Orange SPV M500, Vodafone VPA Compact, Krome SPY)
HTC Alpine* (branded as 02 XDA IIi, i-mate PDA2, Qtek 2020i, Dopod 699, Orange SPV M2500)
HTC Apache (branded as Sprint UTStarcom PPC6700, Verizon XV6700, Alltel UTStarcom PPC6700)
HTC Wizard (branded as O2 XDA mini Pro, T-Mobile MDA IV, i-mate K-JAM, Qtek 9100, Dopod 838, Cingular 8120/8125)
HTC Universal (branded as O2 XDA Executive, T-Mobile MDA Pro, i-mate JASJAR, Qtek 9000, Dopod 900, Orange SPV M5000, Vodafone VPA IV)
HTC Prophet (branded as I-mate Jamin, Qtek S200, Dopod 818 Pro, Orange SPV M600)
HTC Artemis (branded as HTC P3300, MDA compact III, Xda orbit, Dopod P800W, Dopod P800)

now I'm sure it's an APACHE

Now after reading for more than a week

1.- I did try to flash it with the PDAJ Apache WM6.1 v2.02 without luck leaving the phone in Boot loader mode where you can read serial and V 2.0
2.- did connect the phone to the PC and you can read the connection USB in it then every time I try to flash it I get the error 150 this is not for this device or something like that
3.- After numerous attempts finally did flash it with the APA_VZW_20720_206_11000_WWE_Ship and in did it work
4.- at this time if you plug the phone to the PC you can see the main Disk (ROM I think) and the memory only so I keep trying to flash this with a generic one with the same results 150 error
5.- What I did was did change all the RUU the UI and the ROM Upgrade Ut with the nk.nbf of the generic from the APA_VZW_20720_206_11000_WWE_Ship to the generic and I have now the Generic one in the phone Windows Mobile 6 Professional CE OS 5.2.1620 Build 18125.0.4.2
ROM version 3.50.00 WWE radio 1.10.00 ExtROM version 2.07.206 WWE
6.- If I plug the phone I can see now the ROM the ext ROM 2 and the memory

My question how can you change this to be use it with another SIM (company) ?
Thanks

Old 03-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bebeto_269 is a n00b
Re: Is there a Way to make the VX6700 work with

A friend told me this

There's no way you can make it work. If the phone doesn't have a sim card tray, it's a CDMA. Here's more info
so you can se the difference:

Hope this shed some light to you my friend!!

Thanks nsandymary

the phone does have a sim card tray
so it insn't a CDMA.

Thanks for the add info.

now Im' not sure

Removable User Identity Module (R-UIM) is a card developed for CDMA handsets that extends the GSM SIM card to CDMA phones and networks. To work in CDMA networks, the R-UIM contains an early version of the CSIM application. The card also contains SIM (GSM) application, so it can work on both networks. It is physically compatible with GSM SIMs and can fit into existing GSM phones as it is an extension of the GSM 11.11 standard [1].

This interface brings one of the main advantages of GSM to CDMA network phones. By having a removable identity card, CDMA users can change phones while keeping their phone numbers by simply swapping the cards. This simplifies many situations such as phone upgrades, phone replacements due to damage, or using the same phone on a different provider's CDMA network.

The R-UIM card has been superseded by CSIM on UICC. This technique allows all three applications (SIM, CSIM, and USIM) to coexist on a single smartcard, allowing the card to be used in virtually any phone worldwide that supports smart cards.

The CSIM application, a port of R-UIM functionality to the UICC, is defined in standard [2]

This form of card is widely used in China under the CDMA service of China Unicom (The CDMA service of China Unicom was acquired by China Telecom in 2002 . However, it is also used elsewhere such as India, Indonesia, Thailand, and Japan.

I can see in the phone that the DATA TRANSFER in all the ROMs that I can find is EVDO or 1X I can't find one with GSM with EDGE or 3G

Data transfer
CDMA: The best data transfer technology it has to offer is the EVDO technology, allowing for a maximum download speed of about 2mb/s (about 700kbps in practice), which is similar to what a DSL line has to offer. EVDO is not available everywhere yet and requires a cell phone that is EVDO ready.

GSM: Offers EDGE, allowing for a maximum download speed of 384kbps (around 140kbps in practice). More technologies are being developed on top of EDGE such as HSDPA to boost the transfer rate to over 384kbps in practice. This technology requires an EDGE-ready cell phone.

CDMA offers faster data download and would therefore be the favoured choice for data transfer. GSM is catching up fast however, but its EDGE technology

Question is there a way to make this work witha GSM SIM card?
is there a way to enable the quad-band cell phone (850/900/1800/1900 MHz).?

Last edited by bebeto_269; 03-07-2011 at 02:44 PM. Reason: add info
Old 03-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebeto_269 View Post
My Question is there a way to unblock this or you can use a generic ROM and this will help?
Okay, first things first... what are you trying to do with this Apache? Which carrier are you trying to use it on?

Old 03-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bebeto_269 is a n00b

Thanks for your concern

I Live in El Paso TX just across the border from Juarez Mexico
Since most of the day I'm in Juarez I want to use this with Movistar or TELCEL (Mexico) I hate the roaming charges but they use the GSM 1900 MHz (Edge, 3G)

I know that you can get the R-UIM but I can't find this product and one of my questions will be are they Already program or do you have to do this? (with your operator data)

I’m really lost here I’m used to the MPX 200 to carry my work around (word, Excel) that’s why my daughter gave me this phone

Thanks again

Last edited by bebeto_269; 03-09-2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:27 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebeto_269 View Post
Thanks for your concern

I Live in El Paso TX just across the border from Juarez Mexico
Since most of the day I'm in Juarez I want to use this with Movistar or TELCEL (Mexico) I hate the roaming charges but they use the GSM 1900 MHz (Edge, 3G)

I know that you can get the R-UIM but I can't find this product and one of my questions will be are they Already program or do you have to do this? (with your operator data)

I’m really lost here I’m used to the MPX 200 to carry my work around (word, Excel) that’s why my daughter gave me this phone

Thanks again
Okay, that slot that looks like a SIM is actually a RUIM slot on your Apache. You cannot use an Apache on a GSM network. It looks like you may have to carry two phones if your heart is set on using the Apache in Juarez and El Paso.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Nexus 5x
Carrier: Republic Wireless

jabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jabu Send a message via MSN to jabu Send a message via Yahoo to jabu Send a message via Skype™ to jabu

GSM uses SIM, CDMA does not. Apache is CDMA. If you want a GSM PDA phone, get an AT&T and unlock it.
Need your Apache OEM ROM? Get it here!
========================================

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Tags
apache, unlock, xv3700