bebeto_269
Lurker
Threadstarter

bebeto_269 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is there a Way to make the VX6700 work with

A friend told me this

There's no way you can make it work. If the phone doesn't have a sim card tray, it's a CDMA. Here's more info
so you can se the difference:

Hope this shed some light to you my friend!!

Thanks nsandymary

the phone does have a sim card tray
so it insn't a CDMA.

Thanks for the add info.

now Im' not sure

Removable User Identity Module (R-UIM) is a card developed for CDMA handsets that extends the GSM SIM card to CDMA phones and networks. To work in CDMA networks, the R-UIM contains an early version of the CSIM application. The card also contains SIM (GSM) application, so it can work on both networks. It is physically compatible with GSM SIMs and can fit into existing GSM phones as it is an extension of the GSM 11.11 standard [1].

This interface brings one of the main advantages of GSM to CDMA network phones. By having a removable identity card, CDMA users can change phones while keeping their phone numbers by simply swapping the cards. This simplifies many situations such as phone upgrades, phone replacements due to damage, or using the same phone on a different provider's CDMA network.

The R-UIM card has been superseded by CSIM on UICC. This technique allows all three applications (SIM, CSIM, and USIM) to coexist on a single smartcard, allowing the card to be used in virtually any phone worldwide that supports smart cards.

The CSIM application, a port of R-UIM functionality to the UICC, is defined in standard [2]

This form of card is widely used in China under the CDMA service of China Unicom (The CDMA service of China Unicom was acquired by China Telecom in 2002 . However, it is also used elsewhere such as India, Indonesia, Thailand, and Japan.

I can see in the phone that the DATA TRANSFER in all the ROMs that I can find is EVDO or 1X I can't find one with GSM with EDGE or 3G

Data transfer
CDMA: The best data transfer technology it has to offer is the EVDO technology, allowing for a maximum download speed of about 2mb/s (about 700kbps in practice), which is similar to what a DSL line has to offer. EVDO is not available everywhere yet and requires a cell phone that is EVDO ready.

GSM: Offers EDGE, allowing for a maximum download speed of 384kbps (around 140kbps in practice). More technologies are being developed on top of EDGE such as HSDPA to boost the transfer rate to over 384kbps in practice. This technology requires an EDGE-ready cell phone.

CDMA offers faster data download and would therefore be the favoured choice for data transfer. GSM is catching up fast however, but its EDGE technology

Question is there a way to make this work witha GSM SIM card?
is there a way to enable the quad-band cell phone (850/900/1800/1900 MHz).?

Last edited by bebeto_269; 03-07-2011 at 02:44 PM. Reason: add info