PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2010, 07:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

pavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool *Blazing Fast & Stable* Maverick MobileShell ROM *SYS 23135* UPDATED!

Maverick SPB Mobile Shell ROM

Highlights:

I design ROMs to have the best compromise between speed, usability, eye candy and stability. Try out this ROM and see if I succeeded.

*Lean, mean, stable mutlitasking machine. At least in my hands! Test it out and let me know what needs fixing.

*Has overclocking built-in! Set to 748MHz, but can be easily changed.

*Uses Opera Mini as default browser for speed.

*Windows Start menu removed and replaced with XTask to increase free memory.

*Various speed and memory tweaks.

*SPB Mobile Shell cooked in Espresso theme. This theme has the best speed & RAM consumption:eye candy ratio in my opinion (after testing various other Shell themes).

Acknowledgements:

This ROM is a testament to the help and advice of countless people on the forums here, at XDA and Mobile Underground. Some of the key people are listed below, and if I have inadvertently forgotten someone, please let me know so I can correct the oversight!

Calkulin's visual kitchen and Collaboration thread: Here
Nega's HTC Kitchen for updates: Here
Espresso theme for Mobile Shell: Here
TP2 overclocking tool: Here
Nuetools (Battery driver and SIP default): Here
Dark Ninja Desire taskbar: Here
Lumos screen control app: Here
Keyboard remapping tool: Here
SmartLock: Here
Xtask, the task manager extraordinaire: Here
KD Font for changing interface: Here
Fingerkeyboard v2.1: Here

Shareware included:
SPB Mobile Shell
SPB Time
Resco Explorer
FoxIt PDF Reader

Freeware included:
Midomi Music ID
Rhodium Keyboard controller for CDMA
Arcsoft for MMS
Opera Mobile
Opera Mini

By the numbers:
Boot time......................~ 76 secs
Free RAM at boot..........~110 Mb
Free RAM after use........~ 85 Mb
SYS version...................23134

Usual disclaimers:
I make no guarantees that this will work as advertised. ROM flashing is risky, and I assume you know the risk of bricking your phones. If you brick your phone, or somehow do something bad to it, I take no responsibility! On the other hand, I will be happy to answer specific questions and tweak the ROM so it works well for the great majority of people.
Despite everything, if you still insist on flashing this ROM, I really hope it works well for you. Suggestions, comments, critiques and encouragement are all welcome. Especially encouragement

Known Issues:

1. Overclocking sometimes does no stick after a soft reset. Don't know why this is. Just start it up again manually after a soft reset. FIXED: Removed OC. Please install the cab, linked to above in the acknowledgements section.

Screenshots:

Updated to v2!
Changes:
1. Redid SPB Mobile Shell. Should not be expired on boot now. You should have 14 days to try it out.
2. Removed the built-in overclocking, since it doesn't seem to stick. Please install the overclocking cab yourself.
3. Includes my custom wallpapers and SPB Mobile Shell settings which you can install manually from the included folders.
4. SYS updated to 23135.
5. All settings should now be working.
6. Added Fingerkeyboard v2.1 to the ROM, replacing the original, crappy keyboard .
7. Little more free RAM at boot.

And finally, here are the download links:
*Generic, no carrier data updated to v2*
*Sprint version updated to v2*
*Verizon version updated to v2*

Last edited by pavanmaverick; 09-16-2010 at 04:21 PM.
This post has been thanked 30 times.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, epic touch 4g & evo 3d

nathan7 knows their stuffnathan7 knows their stuffnathan7 knows their stuffnathan7 knows their stuffnathan7 knows their stuffnathan7 knows their stuff
Re: *Blazing Fast & Stable* Maverick MobileShell ROM with overclocking. *SYS 23134*

Sound great I will try.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

smileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

I'm not a big fan of mobile shell but i'll download this and try it out. Been using the same rom forever so i'm itching for a change.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo 3D

Avenger666 is keeping up the good workAvenger666 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Avenger666 Send a message via MSN to Avenger666 Send a message via Yahoo to Avenger666
Re: *Blazing Fast & Stable* Maverick MobileShell ROM with overclocking. *SYS 23134*

ill give it a try later btw first thanked to you
Old 09-12-2010, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

pavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Let me know if you find any issues with it.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

fusion600 is just getting started

the SPB mobile shell installed has already expired, so I cannot try your ROM.
Other phones Vogue, Touch Pro
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009

Looks really great! i've found that a super clean ROM with mobile shell is much faster than Sense with alot of the same features. Any screen shots??
Old 09-13-2010, 12:23 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerkhatiby009 View Post
Looks really great! i've found that a super clean ROM with mobile shell is much faster than Sense with alot of the same features. Any screen shots??
theres news, i hope it would be.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2

Serofred is a n00b

so far it looks good, however............ I cant get my internet to work. I am on sprint. Any help?
Old 09-13-2010, 11:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serofred View Post
so far it looks good, however............ I cant get my internet to work. I am on sprint. Any help?
Did you try installing a Sprint specific carrier cab? I would recommed dcd's Sprint carrier cab. Or you can try any of the other Sprint cabs floating around in these forums.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
cdma rom, fast, overclock, stable