PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2010, 04:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: Cricket

BlacknWild is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Vogue Internet Sharing ?:

Heres my question... I did an Internet sharing connection with my Vogue, which I flashed to the Cricket Big Button Rom.. Now my PC says Im connected at 10Mbps,(Is that a good speed) but when I open up Internet Explorer I get a "No page can be displayed " error.. as if Im not connected.. On pc, in Internet connections it says Im connected to Cricket. but with IE and Google chrome no page will display. Now am I doing something wrong? I am connected. Something I need to edit on PC? If possible, is there a way I can tether my HTC Vogue? Rather put it in DUN mode to use it as a dial modem? Found a couple programs that could do it, just wasnt for Windows 6.5.. Any help would be greatly appreciated & Thanks in Advance..
Old 07-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: HTC Vogue Internet Sharing ?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknWild View Post
Heres my question... I did an Internet sharing connection with my Vogue, which I flashed to the Cricket Big Button Rom.. Now my PC says Im connected at 10Mbps,(Is that a good speed) but when I open up Internet Explorer I get a "No page can be displayed " error.. as if Im not connected.. On pc, in Internet connections it says Im connected to Cricket. but with IE and Google chrome no page will display. Now am I doing something wrong? I am connected. Something I need to edit on PC? If possible, is there a way I can tether my HTC Vogue? Rather put it in DUN mode to use it as a dial modem? Found a couple programs that could do it, just wasnt for Windows 6.5.. Any help would be greatly appreciated & Thanks in Advance..
You need to configure your browser to work using crickets proxy.
in the network/connection/setting
enter
manuial proxy
[https] wap.mycricket.com port 8080

At least that the setting for Firefox.
the proxy info will be the same in all browsers.
There are programs like PDAnet that will also work, but you might still need to configure the browser.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: Cricket
Threadstarter

BlacknWild is a n00b

Thx Whitey.. Likes you.. You be up on dis sh**! Hey.. Did that IMO ROM/SPB mobile ROM ever post.. Saw the black glass ROM.. Didnt know if that was the one you were speaking of.. If it is out, are the MMS and WAP included in the ROM? Will it work on a Vogue with Cricket service?
Old 07-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknWild View Post
Thx Whitey.. Likes you.. You be up on dis sh**! Hey.. Did that IMO ROM/SPB mobile ROM ever post.. Saw the black glass ROM.. Didnt know if that was the one you were speaking of.. If it is out, are the MMS and WAP included in the ROM? Will it work on a Vogue with Cricket service?
The SPB ROM is in my post here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...21&postcount=1 just updated the link today. All of my Vogue ROMs are for cricket only and are preconfigured for WAP/MMS.
I've been busy working on a cricket Hero ROM, still tweeking it. Not familure with the black glass ROM since I've moved to a Hero for the next month I haven't done much with my Vogue.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue