PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Droid Eris
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 12:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

seltrecht is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No one can help me anywhere else....Can you? Please read.

Posted on htc forum with no luck...

So I've had the Eris since it came out. Updated to 2.1 and it was fine. Then it was messing up on me and I took it to the verizon store and got it replaced. I asked if it had 2.1 on it and she said no. She said it may take a few hours for the device to show it can update to 2.1 because every time check it says my version is currently up to date, But it shows its version is 1.5

So I waited a few hours and stil no luck. Talked to HTC who could not help me. Talk to verizon and they said wait longer...2 days pass so I go to the verizon store and they replace the phone for me again and they try to update it, still no luck! the new replacement says its 1.5 and up to date. Then they said they are having an over the air problem and some people have to wait even a month to allow it to update to 2.1 !!! This is insane...so there's nothing i can do and no one can help me...Im stuck with a 1.5 phone that will NOT allow me to update over the air and HTC nor Verizon will do anything about it! This is madness!

My wife updated her hero through this website to 2.1, but they do not have the 2.1 software download for the eris on htc webpage, which makes no sense.
Does anyone know a website where I can download the official 2.1 update for the eris and load it onto my phone from my computer...??? I don't know much about rooting and what not so just looking for the official update...

Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully somone has a fix.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:58 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Re: No one can help me anywhere else....Can you? Please read.

I don't have an Eris, but you can try this:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=120749

Scroll to the bottom of the 1st post and there's a MegaUpload zip file that you need to download (which is the 2.1 leaked update), then follow the instructions at the bottom of that post.

No promises, but that's said to be the same version as the OTA update.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

what mindfrost posted will work. thats the leaked 2.1 update,which is identical to the OTA 2.1. if you use the leak then you cannot root. if rooting is no big deal then go ahead with the leak
Old 07-01-2010, 10:27 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Or you could simply swap the phone to your wifes or someones elses number, update, and then go back to your number.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Tiller32 is a n00b

If a phone has been updated to leaked 2.1 update is there a way to get it back to an OTA equivalent so that it can be rooted or is rooting simply not an option?

Thanks,

TiLLeR
Old 07-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

lol we need a sticky FAQ here.

if you leaked your Eris, you CANNOT root

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Droid Eris