View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 12:51 PM
seltrecht
Lurker

seltrecht is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No one can help me anywhere else....Can you? Please read.

Posted on htc forum with no luck...

So I've had the Eris since it came out. Updated to 2.1 and it was fine. Then it was messing up on me and I took it to the verizon store and got it replaced. I asked if it had 2.1 on it and she said no. She said it may take a few hours for the device to show it can update to 2.1 because every time check it says my version is currently up to date, But it shows its version is 1.5

So I waited a few hours and stil no luck. Talked to HTC who could not help me. Talk to verizon and they said wait longer...2 days pass so I go to the verizon store and they replace the phone for me again and they try to update it, still no luck! the new replacement says its 1.5 and up to date. Then they said they are having an over the air problem and some people have to wait even a month to allow it to update to 2.1 !!! This is insane...so there's nothing i can do and no one can help me...Im stuck with a 1.5 phone that will NOT allow me to update over the air and HTC nor Verizon will do anything about it! This is madness!

My wife updated her hero through this website to 2.1, but they do not have the 2.1 software download for the eris on htc webpage, which makes no sense.
Does anyone know a website where I can download the official 2.1 update for the eris and load it onto my phone from my computer...??? I don't know much about rooting and what not so just looking for the official update...

Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully somone has a fix.