PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2 > Android On The HD2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 09:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Android and WP7 development (what a weekend!)

okay so there has been a breakthrough in the android front that we have all been waiting for
for android
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AE8XSKQF
users will need the 2.10.50.28_2 radio to test
any other radio will not work
http://us.vbnfiles.com/xda/HTC%20HD2...Leo%29/Radios/
get the radio there
secondly
wp7 may look realistic now
no "real" porting news but the Mondrian rom is yielding some interesting results and open development is under way.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff
Re: Android and WP7 development (what a weekend!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
okay so there has been a breakthrough in the android front that we have all been waiting for
for android
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AE8XSKQF
users will need the 2.10.50.28_2 radio to test
any other radio will not work
http://us.vbnfiles.com/xda/HTC%20HD2...Leo%29/Radios/
get the radio there
secondly
wp7 may look realistic now
no "real" porting news but the Mondrian rom is yielding some interesting results and open development is under way.

So is this mega upload link a video of android working on an HD2? I don't get it...all it says is "HD2 Test 720p"
Old 05-17-2010, 11:15 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuill View Post
So is this mega upload link a video of android working on an HD2? I don't get it...all it says is "HD2 Test 720p"
linux test
linux finally runs and that means android isn't really all that far behind...matter of days, weeks, or even months
its not a video
it plays a video on the hd2 in 720p from the linux console meaning that the device can accept linux commands which means android booting isn't far behind
even more amazing is the ability to run 720p which I really couldn't in windows mobile...so as far as development goes, the breakthrough has been found. I expect a very fast android build to be released!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
linux test
linux finally runs and that means android isn't really all that far behind...matter of days, weeks, or even months
its not a video
it plays a video on the hd2 in 720p from the linux console meaning that the device can accept linux commands which means android booting isn't far behind
even more amazing is the ability to run 720p which I really couldn't in windows mobile...so as far as development goes, the breakthrough has been found. I expect a very fast android build to be released!
This is amazing news indeed...I take it you will keep the HD2 forums updated on the latest builds and such...

Can't wait for the evo to drop...I work at Radioshack...and I'll have immediate access to one on or before launch day.

Let me know if you want me to rip everything off the EVO's memory the second I get it all I have to do is hook it up to a laptop in the store and just tell me what software to use to properly copy everything from the phones memory and storage card and I'll upload or e-mail it to you. And you would probably know better than I would who to send it to to get ripped apart. I definitely have access to the EVO phones on or before launch so let me know.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:53 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

absolutely! dcordes may be working on an android build to be released...for wp7 lotta discussion concerning hspl and hardware compatibility for the hd2...shockingly some programs do not give error so it means there may not be as many compatibility issues as once thought in the oem dept save from silverlight
we need tom though
Old 05-17-2010, 04:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

mgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuff

Linux vid won't work on my HD2, read that formatting card and trying is doing the trick in a few cases but don't feel like doing it right now so i guess i'll try later...
Old 05-17-2010, 05:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T_Mo

thrashingdeth is keeping up the good workthrashingdeth is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to thrashingdeth Send a message via MSN to thrashingdeth Send a message via Yahoo to thrashingdeth

thats awesome news, read and heard about the wp7, but not the android. im excited
Old 05-17-2010, 06:10 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

android is very young...it would rock to see a release in a few weeks...heck a few days would be unbelievable...though I want to try that sense on desire
who needs an evo now =3
Old 05-17-2010, 10:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: att

g2tl is a n00b

android is good, but wp7 even better
Old 05-18-2010, 09:09 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2tl View Post
android is good, but wp7 even better
never!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2 > Android On The HD2