PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2010, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond - CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

mmmdieselfumes is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Lost my Diamond in a movie theater... Options?

Well I lost my phone in a movie theater last night... Apparently it slipped out of my pocket while watching that new Nightmare on Elm St. movie. Anyhow, I went back there today, and nobody has seen it, or turned it in. So now I'm trying to figure out what the best plan of action is...

Should I call sprint and have their insurance people send me out a replacement diamond (because I do have the insurance on my $99 everything plan) for $50-100, or should I just go buy another phone at a sprint store today? Because I was REALLY looking forward to using my upgrade on the EVO once it comes out, but if I'm going to spend $50-100 on a replacement, maybe there will be a nice cheap phone at the sprint store that I can buy right now, and just save my upgrade for once the EVO releases...

What do yall think?
Old 05-01-2010, 12:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Re: Lost my Diamond in a movie theater... Options?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmdieselfumes View Post
Well I lost my phone in a movie theater last night... Apparently it slipped out of my pocket while watching that new Nightmare on Elm St. movie. Anyhow, I went back there today, and nobody has seen it, or turned it in. So now I'm trying to figure out what the best plan of action is...

Should I call sprint and have their insurance people send me out a replacement diamond (because I do have the insurance on my $99 everything plan) for $50-100, or should I just go buy another phone at a sprint store today? Because I was REALLY looking forward to using my upgrade on the EVO once it comes out, but if I'm going to spend $50-100 on a replacement, maybe there will be a nice cheap phone at the sprint store that I can buy right now, and just save my upgrade for once the EVO releases...

What do yall think?
That's too bad ... sorry. You most likely won't find anything at the Sprint store that's remotely close to your Diamond. The Evo is still a few weeks away, so I would use the insurance, and sell the Diamond when you make the change ... hopefully sometime in June.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for the reply. I actually just got some great news. Apparently one of the great features of our phones is if you use Microsoft MyPhone (even with OMJ's latest rom, which I'm currently using) is that you can see the exact location via gps (which showed me that it was still at the theaters), lock the phone with a pin number and show a message on the screen (which I wrote if this phone is found, call xxx-xxxx), erase/factory reset the phone and wipe the storage cards, and coolest of all (in my case) is that you can have the phone ring for 60seconds loudly even if the phone is on silent or vibrate.

That last feature is probably what saved my bacon. I called the movie theaters and the staff couldn't find it, so I activated that 60second loud ring, and some guy found my phone, noticed the lock screen with my message saying call my phone number, and proceeded to call me to tell me that he was going to leave my phone at the front desk.

Awesome news. So if anyone happens to be in the same situation, definitely go to microsoft's myphone website and take care of your business!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I sincerely hope Android has some sort of similar feature, just in case the same thing happens once I get my EVO!
Old 05-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

smileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Awesome! I once lost my phone in the theatres too. It was stuck in between the seats so I got lucky. Glad to know microsoft myphone is that useful!
Old 05-01-2010, 09:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmdieselfumes View Post
Thanks for the reply. I actually just got some great news. Apparently one of the great features of our phones is if you use Microsoft MyPhone (even with OMJ's latest rom, which I'm currently using) is that you can see the exact location via gps (which showed me that it was still at the theaters), lock the phone with a pin number and show a message on the screen (which I wrote if this phone is found, call xxx-xxxx), erase/factory reset the phone and wipe the storage cards, and coolest of all (in my case) is that you can have the phone ring for 60seconds loudly even if the phone is on silent or vibrate.

That last feature is probably what saved my bacon. I called the movie theaters and the staff couldn't find it, so I activated that 60second loud ring, and some guy found my phone, noticed the lock screen with my message saying call my phone number, and proceeded to call me to tell me that he was going to leave my phone at the front desk.

Awesome news. So if anyone happens to be in the same situation, definitely go to microsoft's myphone website and take care of your business!
Wow, I had no idea microsoft myphone could do all of that. Maybe I'll have to start cooking it into my ROMs .
Old 05-02-2010, 12:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

That's awesome news. I have used myphone ever since it was released, but it's nice to hear an actual experience of how everything works.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:53 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Pretty Cool!
Thanks for sharing!
Glad there was a happy ending!
Old 05-02-2010, 11:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc snap ceda100 s510
Carrier: Telus

Jadall is just getting started

yeah I had a program that did that I never used it but might fire up myphone etc for that purpose. and the diamond if you have to sell it later do ok selling as they seem pretty popular still (its a good sized phone imo) and for stuff people don't want a giant fat blackberry or whatever else kinda phone
Old 05-06-2010, 07:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22
Carrier: sprint

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work

really glad you retrieved your phone. Sounds like a reason to actually use myphone!

Don't forget to hit the thanks button when something helped you!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond