PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 11:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung omnia
Carrier: verizon

supper70 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HELP! Widgets, cabs and general info questions

Hi all!

I've downloaded Adrynalyne's CF03 latest version ROM and it's great! However, I have a few things that I have questions that I hope will be answered.

* I see MSN Weather and MSN Money in my Start menu. However when I click on them, it comes up with a white blank screen. Is there anything I need to configure? There is really no option menu. Is there a better cab/widget out there that can pull up weather and stock info?

* I'm assuming that FTouchSL is not active and it's included only on a trial basis. How do I go about checking it out as I do not see the option to start it up.

* Does alarm have to be in .wav form? I tried to include several mp3 format files and although I can select it as an alarm sound, when it actually tries to play it, it doesnt make a sound.

* Is there any cab out there that one can use to turn the volume off/on? I'd like to keep the volume setting to a reasonable amount and just be able to turn it off and on by pressing a button. On this subject, what do people think is the best volume controller skin out there (and possible links)?

* Is there any cab out there that one can use to display JUST missed call log list? I know that one can open iContact, then select the missed call option to see the list but it would be nice to just click a button to see the missed call list.

* Where does the "Application Data" folder reside (Storage, My Storage, Device)? Likewise, the "Program Files" folder (Storage, My Storage, Device)?

I really appreciate the help that you can give to this poor nob! Thanks!!
Old 04-29-2010, 02:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

mzimmer74 is becoming a great contributor
Re: HELP! Widgets, cabs and general info questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by supper70 View Post
* I'm assuming that FTouchSL is not active and it's included only on a trial basis. How do I go about checking it out as I do not see the option to start it up.
Even though it is shown as a trial, what that really means is some of the features aren't available. The program itself is actually active and the trial version has what the majority of people actually want.

Quote:
* Does alarm have to be in .wav form? I tried to include several mp3 format files and although I can select it as an alarm sound, when it actually tries to play it, it doesnt make a sound.
Not sure what's wrong here. I am able to use mp3s for my ringtones but have never tried to use them for the alarm.

Quote:
* Is there any cab out there that one can use to turn the volume off/on? I'd like to keep the volume setting to a reasonable amount and just be able to turn it off and on by pressing a button. On this subject, what do people think is the best volume controller skin out there (and possible links)?

* Is there any cab out there that one can use to display JUST missed call log list? I know that one can open iContact, then select the missed call option to see the list but it would be nice to just click a button to see the missed call list.
Not sure if you want to spend money or not, but I absolutely love SPB MobileShell (http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/mobileshell/). It can do a lot of what you are looking to do. You might try the trial version to see if it is worth it to you.

Quote:
* Where does the "Application Data" folder reside (Storage, My Storage, Device)? Likewise, the "Program Files" folder (Storage, My Storage, Device)?
It can be in all three. Each one has an both because you can install programs to any of them. They should be on the root level of each if they are there.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:13 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

supper70 is a n00b

Thanks mzimmer! Just a few followup questions...

So with regard to FTouchSl...are you saying that there is nothing to be done because it's already running?

We're currently using iPhoneToday theme as it provides us with a clean, button layout format that we like. We're now looking for those two cabs (power on/off and just missed call list) mentioned above so that we can map the buttons on our phone to those functions.

So the "Program Files" under the root of My Device is actually just a composite of files under Program Files in My Storage, Program Files in Storage Card and Program Files in Device? And if we delete a file/program from the "Program Files" under the root, it would delete it from the Program Files folder in My Storage (if that's where it's kept)?

Is the file under "My Documents" in the main memory (ie, Device)?

Another question popped into my mind...is there any cab that would show the number of unheard voicemail (similar to how the unread SMS text box works)? I have one that shows the number of missed calls but not one for number of unheard voicemails.

I tried googling and searching for why there is only a blank white screen wen i try to open MSN weather and MSN money....still not sure why it's happening.

Thanks again all!

Last edited by supper70; 04-29-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia1
Carrier: Verizon

mark elmore is keeping up the good workmark elmore is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Omnia1: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

again,try the mobile shell trial. when Ive got 3 VMs it shows 3 VMs on a widget Ive got on it.also missed call widget, 1 tap volume control,no side button needed. its got a weather app built in
Old 04-30-2010, 02:24 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

supper70 is a n00b

thanks!
I see that mobile shell offers a lot! however, the reason i turned away from touchflo (and mobile shell) is that i do not like the "carousel" menu as i either tended to go to slow and then had to do it again or i went to fast and passed where i wanted to go. Also, if i didnt rub it just right, something wuld open instead of turning the pages. That would aggravate me so much.

i have my pages setup in iphonetoday where i press a icon "labeled" application and it would go to an another page which contains all my applications. Likewise, I can press a icon "labeled" games and it would go to the page that contains all my games. Therefore, I dont have to twirl and try to time it to where i want to go. Everything is there sitting for me to select the particular icon.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia